Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lq9 brackets for 67 chevelle

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2014, 12:09 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lq9 brackets for 67 chevelle

Hello everyone, I'm in the process of putting an LQ9 from a 2005 Escalade, in my 67 Malibu and I am looking for advice on brackets. I would like to keep costs down and if possible, reuse as much of the original stuff as possible. I will need a new balancer no matter which way I go. Also I purchased an oil pan from jegs, LS Swap oil pan kit (pt # 19212593) and I'm beginning to think it may be too deep! Does anyone have experience with this swap? I need suggestions. For now I am keeping the truck intake, but will swap down the road. Thanks in advance to all those who may reply.
Old 05-11-2014, 12:37 AM
Launching!

What is the issue of clearence? I put a 5.3 truck motor in my foxbody and surprisingly all the accessories cleared no issue. It was the DBW throttle body that hit the hood. You can either use dirty dingo products to fit everything or swap out to corvette accessories. There is a ton of options to choose from
Old 05-11-2014, 09:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

All of the truck accessories should work. Your only issue will be the PS pulley. You can search here for units that will offer the needed clearance. You should not have any problems with the DBW. Did you get the pedal/TAC and wiring harness? If you plan to use cable your PCM will need to be flashed accordingly when VATS is removed and fans are added. All in all this is a fairly basic swap done regularly.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:49 AM
Teching In

Yes, I do have the tac module and pedal. So you think the truck set up is worth staying with? I was thinking of getting an idler relocator so that I may go to a car intake later down the road. I would like to lower tha alternator at some point as well. Thanks for your response.
Old 05-11-2014, 01:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

The LQ9 alt/PS bracket will work fine. If you clean up the top of the truck intake, it will probably fit under the hood and look better too.
AC compressor probably wont clear in the stock location. An as pointed out, you'll need a smaller diameter PS pulley.
I went with an LS1 intake before I realized the truck intake would clear. No need to buy the idler relocation kit. I just moved the pulley to one of the brackets bolts.

Last edited by garys 68; 05-11-2014 at 01:08 PM.
Old 05-12-2014, 10:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

It all depends on where you position the engine. I did a small trim job to the OE AC bracket and it fits just fine in the chassis. I agree on the intake mods, the general consensus is that the truck intake makes better torque. Maybe/maybe not, but you own it so use it. I would go with the DBW, and that is what I have now. It is no big deal to mod the pedal arm to fit. Search the site for options.
Old 05-12-2014, 07:59 PM
Teching In

Default LQ9 Brackets

Thanks old goat, I was thinking of the the pedal fitment as well. For now I will use the truck intake and clean it up some, as well as the truck brackets. As for a water pump, i believe the 2010 Camaro pump is a direct fit, moving the water outlet to a straight out position as opposed to the truck one that comes up.
Old 05-13-2014, 09:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

You should not have any problem with the truck hose outlets either. It will depend on the radiator you choose as to inlet and outlet placement. Look at how many of us have done this. I used a Northern LS swap radiator, and made my own mounts that integrate Camaro dual fans.
This is a simpler swap than you may believe, lots of us have done it.

Quick Reply: lq9 brackets for 67 chevelle