Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5.3 into an sn95 stang

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 08:00 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5.3 into an sn95 stang

Ok so I'm planning on doing a 5.3/t56 swap in my 95 cobra (96 chassis with 306 based setup). I understand I'll need quite a few thinks like a k member, custom wiring harness, aftermarket bellhousing, etc. Problem is, I don't know where to start. I've searched this site and the net and couldn't gather much info, which surprises me.
I've already done a 4.6dohc to 5.0 pushrod conversion on this car, so the main harness (aside from the dash) is from a 95. Are there any guides on how to do this in an sn95 platform?

Thanks!
Brian
Old 06-24-2014, 11:12 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just start going at it. I just started doing an ls into my 95, I've taken everything from the doors forward off the car. I want to paint the bay then I'm going to cut up the body harness and remove all the wiring I won't be using and rewrap the harness. My projects on hold because of my wedding but I plan to buy an aje kmember a arms and coil over conversion then it's just a matter of getting the motor in and finishing all the many many small projects. It's a pretty simple and straight forward swap, my only two concerns are getting the gauge cluster to work (im horrible with wiring) and what to do about the trans. I'd like to stay with a cable clutch but there's not a whole lot of info on that so if there's not a proven method by the time I get there I'll either go ahead with the hydro swap or take the easy way out and go auto. If I were you I'd start by going through the car and getting rid of everything you don't need or use then move onto what your going to do with the suspension and work from the bottom up. Good luck, there's alot of good info on here don't hesitate to read other guys build threads even if they aren't in a mustang because alot of issues and such are the same platform to platform so it's better to just read up on everything

Quick Reply: 5.3 into an sn95 stang