Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Hooker G-Body LS Swap System Preview

Old 10-12-2014, 08:40 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ask & you shall recieve......http://www.currentperformance.com/sh...engine-mounts/
Old 10-12-2014, 11:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 203 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by ZQ8LS1
I see 2.8L S-10 mounts there, but nothing as far as a 2292 clamshell specific polyurethane mount.
Old 10-13-2014, 05:06 PM
Launching!

You need to read very carefully....

"These S-10 LSx Polyurethane Engine Mounts have been designed as a direct replacement for 2.8L “Clamshell” style mounts"
Old 10-13-2014, 05:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ZQ8LS1
You need to read very carefully....

"These S-10 LSx Polyurethane Engine Mounts have been designed as a direct replacement for 2.8L “Clamshell” style mounts"
There are many different GM clamshell mounts; mounts for a 2.8L S10 will not fit in a V8 G-body or any other GM V8 application...the only poly mount that will work with the Hooker bracket kit in a G-body are those that are a direct replacement for the stock replacement 2292 mounts made by various aftermarket companies.
Old 10-13-2014, 10:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmyg
does any one sell a poly clam shell? it would be nice to order 1 set of mounts instead of buying clam shells and putting poly inserts in them
I wouldn't be willing to pay much extra for them either you can buy new stock replacement ones for $3 each off rock auto.
Old 10-17-2014, 05:36 AM
On The Tree

I got my engine mounts! Ordered them Monday night, they arrived yesterday.

Any update on trans crossmember availability?

Will the header part number suffixes follow the established Holley
convention, i.e. 2333-7HKR for 1-7/8 longtubes in stainless?
Old 10-17-2014, 09:27 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Dave_62
I got my engine mounts! Ordered them Monday night, they arrived yesterday.

Any update on trans crossmember availability?

Will the header part number suffixes follow the established Holley
convention, i.e. 2333-7HKR for 1-7/8 long-tubes in stainless?
That's correct, the part numbers for the stainless long-tubes will be 2332-7HKR for the 1-3/4" version and 2333-7HKR for the 1-7/8" version. If you opt for the stainless versions of the headers, this image depicts what you'll be receiving. This is the first stainless set that I built in the fixtures before they were shipped out of here last week. This set will be used for application photography and then be put on the Holley show/event truck for display purposes.

Old 10-17-2014, 12:34 PM
Teching In

any pics of the headers installed from the side? im looking for stainless 1 7/8 headers for my swap im not really happy with my crappy fitting hedman headers ( brp). they hang way too low

Originally Posted by Toddoky
That's correct, the part numbers for the stainless long-tubes will be 2332-7HKR for the 1-3/4" version and 2333-7HKR for the 1-7/8" version. If you opt for the stainless versions of the headers, this image depicts what you'll be receiving. This is the first stainless set that I built in the fixtures before they were shipped out of here last week. This set will be used for application photography and then be put on the Holley show/event truck for display purposes.

Old 10-17-2014, 02:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by shockerman80
any pics of the headers installed from the side? im looking for stainless 1 7/8 headers for my swap im not really happy with my crappy fitting hedman headers ( brp). they hang way too low
Yes, check out page 6 to see those images. As a point of reference, the bottom of the Hooker long-tube collectors are higher than the bottom of the 4L80 transmission pan.
Old 10-21-2014, 05:10 PM
TECH Junkie

A quick update for those following this thread...the long-tube header fixtures were delivered to our production facility last week and the mid-length fixtures are heading down there this week also, so headers will start to become available in a few weeks

Most of you know that the engine brackets are already available and so I will get an update on the trans crossmember tomorrow to get everyone some info on that piece of the puzzle. The exhaust systems will be the last items to hit the shelf and that should be sometime mid-to-end of November.

As a side note, we are in the process of the final reassembly of our shop Monte Carlo SS and noticed today that the Corvette accessory drive and the Holley accessory drive set-up installed with the Corvette spacing actually do fit the car (you have to swap out the PS pulley for the smaller CTSV pulley) contrary to my earlier report that they did not. This should please those who want to run that set-up...here's a photo of the Holley drive set-up installed that I took earlier today.
Old 10-21-2014, 05:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Ok so what are my options for a front drive using vvt? My cutlass has same steering box as your monte ss
Old 10-22-2014, 07:16 AM
TECH Junkie

Ok so what are my options for a front drive using vvt? My cutlass has same steering box as your monte ss
Truck, F-body, GTO, Corvette or Holley(installed with Corvette spacing configuration only) accessory drives will get it done for you. I'm also suspecting that the CTSV set-up is also going to fit since it is the same offset as the Corvette and very similar layout.
Old 10-23-2014, 09:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Can u measure ps pulley? I have to use truck spacing because of vvt I wondering if holley would work with truck spacing if a smaller ps pulley was used some guys are using truck acc with a 5 in ps pulley from o Reilly's maybe they make a 4 in? From pic looks possible
Old 10-24-2014, 10:47 AM
TECH Junkie

Can u measure ps pulley? I have to use truck spacing because of vvt I wondering if holley would work with truck spacing if a smaller ps pulley was used some guys are using truck acc with a 5 in ps pulley from o Reilly's maybe they make a 4 in? From pic looks possible
The pulley in the photo is the CTSV part, which is 6.25" in diameter. Running a 5" PS pulley with the Holley bracket installed at the truck offset might just get the clearance needed to clear the lines coming off of the power steering pump but the Holley bracket is configured to accept the Corvette pump, which has a unique shaft diameter that is only compatible with a couple of pulleys.
Old 10-28-2014, 03:16 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Toddoky
The pulley in the photo is the CTSV part, which is 6.25" in diameter.
Did you just grab this pulley from the dealer? Quick search online and I couldn't really find the V specific pulley very easily.

*** Disclaimer *** I am at work and can't spend too much time surfing.

Many thanks!
Dave
Old 10-28-2014, 04:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by BanditDave
Did you just grab this pulley from the dealer? Quick search online and I couldn't really find the V specific pulley very easily.

*** Disclaimer *** I am at work and can't spend too much time surfing.

Many thanks!
Dave
The CTSV pulley in question is part number 12578552
Old 10-29-2014, 09:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Parts update...I received a production sample of the transmission crossmember from the supplier yesterday and forwarded a report of my evaluation and list of corrective action to the supplier today.The issues I found were minor and they have all the laser cut/bent parts ready to go, so they should be able to get though the first production run within a couple of weeks. This should come as good news to those who have been waiting.

Since I am winding down the development of this application and beginning another, I'm going to evolve the thread into a build thread to cover the assembly of our shop Monte Carlo SS so as to provide some of you with ideas that you may use in your own projects. Feel free to ask any questions you may have about the components we are using for this project and I will respond...since the accessory drive set-up and front sheet metal has made it back onto the car, I think that's a good place to start with the stream of photos that will follow over the coming weeks to complete the project.

Holley accessory drive system featuring the Sanden compressor pump/bracket.

Same parts, different angle.
Old 10-29-2014, 09:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,384 Likes on 873 Posts

Todd,

Looks very nice. Do you know what coils those are win the picture? Definitely not LS3 coils.

Holley coils?

Andrew
Old 10-30-2014, 07:01 AM
TECH Resident

Those factory wheel wells that were smoothed or a aftermarket well?
Old 10-30-2014, 08:26 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Project GatTagO
Todd,

Looks very nice. Do you know what coils those are win the picture? Definitely not LS3 coils.

Holley coils?

Andrew

The engine is an LQ4 and the coils are the stock components that came with it. The accessory drive, intake, balancer and water pump have all been reconfigured at this point.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Hooker G-Body LS Swap System Preview