Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

96' Camaro LQ4 Swap

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 08:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96' Camaro LQ4 Swap

Hey guys I have been slowly undergoing a conversion for my 96' LT1 camaro. At the moment I have a 414 LQ4 all forged pump gas motor with fully ported 317 heads being built, computer from a 2005 2500HD truck, a built 4L80E transmission, and a new moser 9 inch rearend specifically for the fbody camaro. At the moment none of the three are in the car yet I am trying to get all the knowledge needed before installing. I already have a bmr kmember installed for the ls engine and have talked to current performance about a harness for the whole swap which they say they have. Two questions I have right now pertain to the fuel system and driveshaft. For the fuel system I am planning on running the corvette filter/regulator to convert to a single feed for the fuel rails. My plan was to upgrade to the racetronix 340 LT1 pump but I do not know where the LT1 regulates it fuel? Will the new computer control the LT1 style pump with the new wiring harness? Secondly I was wondering if anybody knew exactly what driveshaft I need? Please Help!
Old 07-09-2014, 09:47 PM
Staging Lane

Hey, I'm doing the same build, what type of suspension components are you running like what parts do i need to do the swap?
Old 07-09-2014, 10:19 PM
Teching In

Im going with the spohn standard duty adjustable torque arm, spohn non-adjustable tubular lower control arms, spohn non-adjustable panhard bar. I went with the spohn torque arm because it bolts up. From what ive read im limited to shorter torque arms because nobody offers a 4L80E crossmember with ability to relocate the torque arm. So i will be using the bmr standard conversion crossmember for 4L80E and the short torque arm with its own crossmember.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:52 PM
Staging Lane

The LT1 or LS1 style suspension on the lt1 body like what configuration are the suspension the lt1 or ls1

Quick Reply: 96' Camaro LQ4 Swap