Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T-56 to 4L60E Conversion Questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 04:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-56 to 4L60E Conversion Questions

First post, I hope this is in the right place. I've used the search button and google and I can't find what I'm looking for.

Looking to buy a 2000 Z28 that's a rolling chassis. The car was originally a T-56 car and I'm looking to put a 4L60E into it. I know the ECU will have to be swapped and I'll need a converter and shifter. Does anyone know of anything else I'll need? Different cross member? Drive shaft? Harness? Mounts? I want OD since I'll be driving it some during the week and to the track on weekends. It'll be a full street/strip car (a/c, accessories, etc.)

I love rowing gears (two prior LT1 cars) but I want something more consistent for bracket racing.

Thanks for any help, I'm new here, but now new to the game.
Old 07-16-2014, 08:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts

Your ECU can be reflashed as manual trans camaro. You will need to modify your harness. I believe the T56 is a little longer so you may need a new driveshaft built, but I'm not positive.
Old 07-16-2014, 08:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the info, looks like I may go a different route. I found a higher mileage A4 car that's turn key but the price is pretty decent. Hopefully this one doesn't sell before I can get to it.

*Admin, I didn't realize the subheading for this area was LSx in non LSx vehicles, my apologies.

Quick Reply: T-56 to 4L60E Conversion Questions