Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls swap convertor lockup on 700r4?help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 06:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls swap convertor lockup on 700r4?help!

well this is the last thing I need in order to connect my harness.

im using a built 700r4 with lockup on a 2003 lq4. Installed in a 92 chevy s10

now my question is the pcm had a cable PIN# 33 dark PURPLE cable that went to c100 fusepanel connector. now I connected that cable that comes out of the firewall bulkhead connector which was marked TCC brake/cruise control release switch.

so if I understand this correct the transmission is always IN LOCKUP MODE AT ALL SPEEDS? UNTIL YOU HIT THE BRAKES, THEN IT UNLOCKS? is this the way the TCC normally functions? Just trying to understand how this circuit works.

now I have a 700r4 4pin pigtail do I need to wire a REALY into all of this for it to work or can I just use my stock BRAKE LIGHT SWITCH that's on the truck since it has a spot in the rear for the CRUISE CONTROL plug which im not using do I take the 12V+ hot wire when that's coming OUT of the switch and wire it to PIN A on the 4pin pigtail on the trans plug? and just ground PIN D.

Will this make the TCC function properly like this or is there something else im missing to this.

I really need help on this any would be greatly appreciated, as its all I need to hook my harness up.
Old 07-17-2014, 06:49 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

on the brake switch do I just wire postive from brake switch once brake is depressed and ground other pin on 4pin trans connector.

bascally using the brake switch with no need for relay.

Quick Reply: Ls swap convertor lockup on 700r4?help!