Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another ls1 swapped for the books - 76 Datsun 280z

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2014, 12:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

coversion mounts came in! cool guys to deal with, super fast shipping, great product. i got the 15 dollar extra powdercoat finish, im glad i did, they look great. hopefully they fit great as well
Old 12-14-2014, 12:36 PM
On The Tree

engines almost ready
Old 12-16-2014, 10:43 PM
On The Tree

Old 12-16-2014, 10:46 PM
On The Tree

like a glove
Old 12-16-2014, 11:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Awesome build man. I love S30s. I miss the 2 I had everyday. The dirty dingo guys are great people to deal with and their products reflect that. Looking forward to the out come off your build.
Old 12-17-2014, 08:45 AM
TECH Resident

Love the Dirty Dingo Mounts....any chance you have any pictures showing a close up of the mounts sitting on the chassis?

Great project overall cant wait to see it call complete!
Old 12-17-2014, 09:31 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Coming along nicely. Thanks for the update.
Old 12-17-2014, 10:58 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2muchboostNY
Love the Dirty Dingo Mounts....any chance you have any pictures showing a close up of the mounts sitting on the chassis?

i dont but ill grab some next time im back working on it

Originally Posted by Nismo Kid
Awesome build man. I love S30s. I miss the 2 I had everyday. The dirty dingo guys are great people to deal with and their products reflect that. Looking forward to the out come off your build.

agreed, dirty dingo guys were pretty cool and the mounts are definitely good quality. thanks for the love!
Old 12-17-2014, 12:11 PM
On The Tree

Looking good! I am anxious to get there someday. About to stick my 240Z on a rotisserie to beef up the frame and patch the floors. Till then I can stare longingly at everyone else's builds lol.
Old 12-17-2014, 08:12 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Jay Gadsby
Looking good! I am anxious to get there someday. About to stick my 240Z on a rotisserie to beef up the frame and patch the floors. Till then I can stare longingly at everyone else's builds lol.
my floors are alright but im in the need of some bad dog thick frame rails as well. mine are lookin horrible. take some pictures of your project and share for me
Old 12-18-2014, 03:18 PM
On The Tree

Old 12-18-2014, 03:19 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2muchboostNY

Old 12-18-2014, 03:22 PM
On The Tree

??

??

can anyone tell me what these two things are and if i need them in a standalone setup like this datsun build? im gonna have a whole new fuel system and a factory harness wired as a standalone
Old 12-21-2014, 12:20 AM
On The Tree

Default evap system

so i figured out the line connected next to my fuel line is my evap line right?.. is there a way i can hook my vent line from my fuel cell through my evap system and have that factory system reprogrammed when i have my computer retuned for everything so itll just suck in extra pressure from my fuel cell into the engine?
Old 12-24-2014, 09:28 AM
Teching In

I thought about putting a momentary switch with 12v hooked up to it, to pull some pressure and fumes out of my evap canister every now and then, but haven't went any further than just thinking about it. I think it's hard to get it to work automatically as GM had it.
Old 12-25-2014, 01:45 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by socorob
I thought about putting a momentary switch with 12v hooked up to it, to pull some pressure and fumes out of my evap canister every now and then, but haven't went any further than just thinking about it. I think it's hard to get it to work automatically as GM had it.

itd be pretty cool to see if anyones had success integrating the factory system into an aftermarket fuel cell, but i guess ill just run my vent into the factory datsun gas filler neck location since nothings gonna be up there and ill seal it off so the smell doesnt get into the cabin.

anyone have suggestions for vent line placement or for aftermarket charcoal canister integration?
Old 01-30-2015, 01:33 PM
Teching In

How was the fitment with the dirty dingo mounts? Im just getting started on my ls1 swap on my 260z and am having a hard time choosing between dirty dingos, johns cars, and hawks third gen mounts. On dirty dingos site it says "Stock steering needs to be modified to clear drivers side exhaust manifold." Is this true? What headers are you going to use and did you have to modify anything?

Also what are you using for your trans crossmember?

Last edited by jayem_bo; 01-30-2015 at 02:56 PM.
Old 02-03-2015, 01:44 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by jayem_bo
How was the fitment with the dirty dingo mounts? Im just getting started on my ls1 swap on my 260z and am having a hard time choosing between dirty dingos, johns cars, and hawks third gen mounts. On dirty dingos site it says "Stock steering needs to be modified to clear drivers side exhaust manifold." Is this true? What headers are you going to use and did you have to modify anything?

Also what are you using for your trans crossmember?

for the trans crossmember, i made my own. i bought hawks third gen and it looks nice, but it didnt fit up into my transmission well. i called and he was more than happy to work with me, told me to shoot him some pictures but i dont like sending things back and forth through the mail 10 times before i just give up and make my own, so i just went ahead and made my own. i used the center support of the hawks third gen mount and the bushing that comes with and welded my own square tubular frame supports onto a plate i bolted up into the transmission tunnel.

im also not sure YET f my alternator is going to fit in the stock fbody location due to the dirty dingo mounts in the way. i havnt test fit anything but it looks like its going to be blocked. and thats the only dang accessory i need to put on the engine. might have to go corvette alternator location

Last edited by jacecil2; 12-05-2016 at 10:58 PM.
Old 03-23-2015, 11:36 AM
On The Tree

been a while since iv got some work on ol dolly but heres some updates...
finally got the rest of my fuel system fittings ordered and in the mail so my quick project yesterday was plumbing the fuel system and getting that taken care of. got my vent up top left, has a valve in it, return top left, and instead of capping my other fuel outlet, i got a y fitting and joined both outlets to a russel pre filter into the walbro into a corvette regulator and then ran the lines up front to the engine.
Old 03-23-2015, 11:37 AM
On The Tree

Quick Reply: Another ls1 swapped for the books - 76 Datsun 280z