Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

73' Nova SS Turbo 347lsx swap. "The MistreSS"

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 05:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 73' Nova SS Turbo 347lsx swap. "The MistreSS"

Well, i figured it's about that time to share what ive been doing for the last 5 years, so here we go. Thats right, another turbo LS Nova build, (we're starting a revolution), so, long story short, awhile back the car had a 383, carb'd LT1, it ran great, was fun, but not very streetable, around that time i got ahold of the Hot Rod magazine, and read the article on the junkyard 5.3 with an ebay turbo making lots of power, so i decided that seemed like the best route to take for streetability with hp...

Well i picked up my 5.3...but one thing led to another and.. then things started to happen,called life.. started a new job, i had to get me a new dd that was reliable so i got a 06 colorado, i moved out and got my own place then moved my girlfriend in with me, then she became my fiance, and here recently on June 21st she became my wife. so the last few years have been eventful, for me an the car, and whenever i would go to work on my car, the wife would always say have fun with your "Mistress" so i stuck to calling her that.

5 YEARS LATER: my 5.3 became a

347 LSx
forged 3.905 wiseco pistons
forged 6.125 Oliver billet steel rods
stock crankshaft
coated bearings
FTI turbo cam
double roller timing chain
SLP oil pump
mildly worked 317 heads
cometic MLS head gaskets
scorpion 1.7's
Victor JR manifold
Fast 4bbl tb

Fuel system:
delphi 95lbs inj
sumped stock tank
2 external walbro 255's
-8 from sump to pump
-8from pump to y block
y block to -10 to engine, -10 to -8 to each rail
magnafuel br fpr with -6 return

POWAH ADDAH:
for now, a cheapy gt45 is ready for duty
v-banded truck mani's
2.25 stainless hotside tubing
the DP will be made 4", to compensate for the future upgraded turbo
procharger intercooler

Drivetrain:
TH350 trans, highly built
Circle D 3600 converter
stock 8.5 10 bolt w/ spool
currently has 3.90 gear, will be replaced with 3.23's

The MistreSS:
PSI harness
hyrdoboost conversion in the works so the coils have room
flipped the heater core
firewall is in need of smoothing but i just gave it a coat of semi gloss black
subframe is ****, so i didnt bother boxing it in where i cleared it for the oil pan, ill get a new one down the road, and the fact that i dont own a welder..
Has new solid body bushings
Will have soon,
Caltracs
minitub
and frame connectors

So heres where im at peeps, interior wiring left to do is minimal, i need minimal items in order to fire my engine up, but with work the way it is, 12hrs a day, 6 days a week,and with the heat here, its hard to find time, or hard to get motivated when there is time, to go out and work on her. so heres some pictures for you guys to enjoy.

This is the idea for the turbo location, there will be room for a filter

and me being a painter as a profession, naturally, everything is painted.

ebay gt45, temporary, a pt88 will replace it in the future

This is where im at now, i got a little carried away with the hard line, im content with it now, but later i may redo it and make it look neater and more hidden. awaiting building the hot and coldside, and a few more odds and ends, and awaiting money, and shes ready for tuning.

and heres the Mistress

as for wheels, im not sure what i want yet, but the torque thrusts have got to go, im thinking some street lites with 315's on the back, with new leafs and caltracs, and after i destroy the 10 bolt ill probably upgrade to a 9" or a 12 bolt.

have at it boys.

Quick Reply: 73' Nova SS Turbo 347lsx swap. "The MistreSS"