Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need help bleeding my 2000 trans am ws6 clutch please help

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 03:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need help bleeding my 2000 trans am ws6 clutch please help

Ok so I did the drill mod and replaced the clutch master cylinder on my 2000 T/A. First off I've looked at about 100 different theard on here some people having the same problem I am but never say how they fixed it, so I've tried the two person game were someone is in the car pumping the clutch about 5 to 6 times then holds the clutch pedal to the floor then I crack the bleeder and close it with out letting the clutch pedal up until I close the bleeder after doing thing for 2 days with no success I broke down and bought a mity vac and put it in the reservoir, brought it up to 12 and slowly pupped the clutch and bubbles started coming out after messing with it all day long I am still get small bubbles here and there and the clutch Is just as bad. It seems like so matter what I do I can't get all the air out of the system. If someone could please help me out that would be awesome
Old 07-21-2014, 07:40 PM
TECH Regular

I hated bleeding the clutch on my trans am. Mity vac it about 100 times. That was what worked best for me.
Old 07-21-2014, 08:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Are yousure that you reassembled the hose to master, or that you didn't nick the liner inside the hose?

whataboutthe TB, was it a new Web one or tge old one.. possible it when bad ?

I have installed a remote bleeding setup. Worked great.

Good luck on chasing down the problem
Old 07-27-2014, 03:42 PM

I did nick the first one, didn't realize that hose was over $100!! But on my second one I was extra careful and pretty sure I didn't nick it but get this I can't make any sense of it I found a guy who told me to open the bleeder and then take the reservoir cap off and stick the mity vac in the hole inside the reservoir and bring it up to 12 and then have someone SLOWLY pump the clutch till you see the mity vac try and pull the fuild out then the person in the car holds the clutch down and this will stop the fuild from getting sucked out with the clutch still on the floor you close the bleeder and release the vacuum before pulling it out and this worked first try made my car about 80 percent better if I drove the car normal it worked great but when I get on it same problem gets stuck to the floor I'm going to change the slave as soon as I can but here is what's driving me crazy and I can't wrap my mind around it is after I did that way and had my car drivable I decided to do the pump and hold method just to try and make it perfect and make sure there was no air in the line and after doing this it put my car back to square one can't even drive it and theirs no way I let air in makes no sense to me at all
Old 07-27-2014, 11:48 PM

Update so I decided to buy another master cylinder and that turned out tobe it after I changed the MC I was able to bleed it just buy sticking the mighty vac in the reservoir and with in 10 minutes the clutch is perfect. What had me spinning in circles was i replaced the MC already so I thought it couldn't be that, I thought it mite be the slave cylinder but the clutch worked fine before I did the drill mod so after trying to bleed it every way I decided to try another MC I couldn't believe it when it worked just goes to show you you can't always trust new parts
Old 07-28-2014, 12:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Good going.. glad you figured it out.

Quick Reply: I need help bleeding my 2000 trans am ws6 clutch please help