Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

autoparts store f body oil pan

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 07:50 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default autoparts store f body oil pan

just did a search on autozone.com for a 2001 Camaro oil pan and they have them for 60 bucks, anyone ever used one of these ?
Old 07-22-2014, 08:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 306 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by Houston_t
just did a search on autozone.com for a 2001 Camaro oil pan and they have them for 60 bucks, anyone ever used one of these ?

I did a little research after I saw that price...looks like a run-of-the-mill SBC old school oil pan to me...

Nothing LS about it at all...
Old 07-22-2014, 08:30 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I noticed that too but thought maybe it was just a stock photo they threw up there, figured out of the hundreds of thousands of parts they have listed they cant have a actual photo for every one. Guess ill just stop in and ask for one and see what they pull out of the back.
Old 07-22-2014, 08:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Sadly it's a typo in their system. The same part number doesn't come up under 2002 Firebird V8 and when you look at the "Vehicle Fitment" tab it lists a bunch of pre-LSx engine vehicles. The finish and material say "black enamel" and "steel" with the final straw in the hay pile of disappointment is the one lone review: "Bought this pan for a Chevy 3500 work truck that rusted through. Was able to replace the pan without having to lift the engine. It looked to be stamped out of the same mold as the original pan. Been installed for a few months now with no leaks or drips. comes with the drain plug also."

Oh well, at least you checked. You can't win if you never try.

If you need an F-Body pan, you can get them complete from Pace Performance for $300. Look for part PAC-8771.

Quick Reply: autoparts store f body oil pan