Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New edge body wiring

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 02:40 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New edge body wiring

Im LS swapping my 1999 mustang and I cant figure out the body wiring. It originally had a 4.6 5 speed. Now my power windows and seats dont work, lights dont work and the dash lights are flickering. i have the body harness still in it but with no computer. It seems like a ground issue but im not finding any that arent hooked up. i was wondering if there was a way i could simplify the harness and get rid of all the computer wiring? any help would be appreciated.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:33 AM
On The Tree

I'm just getting started on the wiring in my 95 so I'm not much help here, but it does sound like a ground issue. Best thing I can tell you is trace back and double check all the wiring, specially from the distribution block under the hood and around the computer to make sure you didnt miss a ground somewhere. I had that issue with my fox, somewhere along the lines me working under the dash I must have pulled a few wires up out of sight into the dash and missed the ground by the computer so I had issues. I've taken out the whole body harness from the dash to rad support, I labeled everything and plan to strip everything I dont need and retape and loom it all before putting it back in the car. I don't plan on running the factory computer, I shouldn't need it. The standalone harness for the motor should control the vitals and the body harness will just be lights, windows and locks. Good luck tracking down your issues. Also might want to search, I cant remember the guys name but he recently finished a white new edge, maybe he can give you some pointers.
Old 08-27-2014, 11:03 AM
Launching!

Well I pulled the computer and the harness and sold it with the engine. This harness i have now is off another car and its missing the box that mounts on the inner fenderwell on the passenger side. Anybody know what thats called?
Old 08-27-2014, 08:06 PM
TECH Regular

Constant control relay module. When I did both my New Edges I removed all of the ford wiring from the engine bay and still have all the functions you describe. I don't know exactly what the ccrm controls but I removed mine. I also completely removed the computer. Have you checked all of your fuses both under hood and under the dash?
Old 08-28-2014, 03:03 PM
Launching!

Did you remove all the wires you needed from the ford harness? id like to keep the ac harness and the lights. whatd you do about the dash harness in the pass kick panel? Also how is your fuel pump wired up?

Last edited by jgh64pkup; 08-28-2014 at 03:18 PM.
Old 08-28-2014, 04:07 PM
12 Second Club

The ccrm controls fuel pump and fans on a 1996. Mine is bad on my wife's 96 because the fans run all the time with the key in run. Pulled the inner fender well passenger side and replaced. Cured the issue. Fuse box under dash usually gets key on power from power distribution box under hood. If you have power at the fuse and that part of the harness is still intact. Check ground.
Old 08-30-2014, 07:13 PM
TECH Regular

I didn't keep the ac nor was I worried about the dash working (I used an aftermarket digital dash). My fuel pump is run off a relay wired to the ecu.

Quick Reply: New edge body wiring