Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need intake help/ knowledge

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 08:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need intake help/ knowledge

I've been seeing people saying that a nnbs intake with a 78mm tb is the best combo on truck. Is this true?
I have an 408 stroker that I just put my nnbs intake on today. I'm awaiting my 92mm big mouth to show up and was wondering if going to the nnbs with 92mm would net worse results than the NBS with 78mm
Old 09-09-2014, 05:52 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd say post the rest of the combo and your intended purpose of the vehicle. Then some one may be able to answer your question better. Otherwise it's anybody's guess. Usually big throttle body and intake on a heavy truck with otherwise stock combo(even with the extra cubes) is lazy down low. But if its mostly a race motor combo, then small tb will run out of breath on top end. Only Dyno or track testing will know for sure. If you post everything you are running, somebody has probably already done it and can chime in. A jacked up crewcab 4x4 with 44" super swampers is going to be different than a s10 drag truck.

Last edited by lsxRanger94; 09-09-2014 at 05:59 AM.
Old 09-13-2014, 09:41 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take a look at my Victor Jr conversion with a stock 78mm tb.

The low & midrange is awesome...really snappy off the bottom and if I feel I'm running out of air I can always simply put a bigger tb on it. The extra bonus of my setup is the easier air path in my engine compartment.

Quick Reply: need intake help/ knowledge