Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New edge 6.0 wiring

Old 09-15-2014, 12:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New edge 6.0 wiring

Ok just wanna get an idea of what I can and can't get rid of for wiring..i plan on using the ms3 gold plug and play harness and computer to run the engine..and I still want to use factory gauges so I'm gonna keep the factory computer..i will have the fans on a switch and fuel pump on a switch..so can I get rid of the ccrm? And is there anything else I can get rid of in the factory harness to clean it up and anything that I for sure need to keep?
Old 09-15-2014, 06:25 PM
12 Second Club

MS3 Gold has trigger wires too, so you don't need to put a switch for fans and fuel pump. CCRM controls fans and fuel pump, so yes eliminate that. When you unwire the fuel pump in the power distribution box, remember ford PCM supplies ground to trigger and you will be supplying voltage. IIRC ford vss signal is different than GM, So speedometer may be an issue. It really depends on how far you go with the Megasquirt(controlling engine only to running trans and other things).
Old 09-16-2014, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by lsxRanger94
MS3 Gold has trigger wires too, so you don't need to put a switch for fans and fuel pump. CCRM controls fans and fuel pump, so yes eliminate that. When you unwire the fuel pump in the power distribution box, remember ford PCM supplies ground to trigger and you will be supplying voltage. IIRC ford vss signal is different than GM, So speedometer may be an issue. It really depends on how far you go with the Megasquirt(controlling engine only to running trans and other things).
Do u know if ms3 gold or holley need the vss signal? I might just go without since it's more of a track car..and I read somewhere yesterday that the ccrm has a relay in it for the pcm? And I'm running a full manual valve body th400 so I don't have to worry about controlling the trans
Old 09-16-2014, 07:57 PM

Also is there a starter wire to hook up to the solinoid in the ls harness or so I need to keep that in the ford wiring
Old 09-17-2014, 08:06 AM
12 Second Club

In the factory Ls harness it's the big purple wire that goes to the solenoid. Since you are not controlling the trans, have you looked at Microsquirt V3 if you just want engine control? I know its batch fire, wasted spark and comes in plug n play too. It's a lot cheaper, but doesn't have IAC control. You can tune for that though.

Starter relay and EEC relay is located in the power distribution box under the hood. Since your Mustang should have PATS you will need to keep the PCM or rewire the ignition if eliminating it.

Last edited by lsxRanger94; 09-17-2014 at 08:13 AM.
Old 09-17-2014, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by lsxRanger94
In the factory Ls harness it's the big purple wire that goes to the solenoid. Since you are not controlling the trans, have you looked at Microsquirt V3 if you just want engine control? I know its batch fire, wasted spark and comes in plug n play too. It's a lot cheaper, but doesn't have IAC control. You can tune for that though.

Starter relay and EEC relay is located in the power distribution box under the hood. Since your Mustang should have PATS you will need to keep the PCM or rewire the ignition if eliminating it.
Yea I plan on keeping factory ford pcm to run the factory gauges..my 6.0 with be turbo making around 700whp...on efi source it doesn't say if the v3 has 2 step input..do u know if it does?
Old 09-17-2014, 04:43 PM
12 Second Club

Yes it does IIRC. Denmah(Matt) ran one on his turbo Fairmont. He would be the one to ask. He even messed with the MS3 gold.

Last edited by lsxRanger94; 09-17-2014 at 04:55 PM.
Old 09-17-2014, 05:53 PM

I pmed him..thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New edge 6.0 wiring