Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spec twin disc

Old 09-15-2014, 08:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Spec twin disc

I have installed a Spec Super twin disc clutch with a OE replacement slave cylinder. I called Spec with the part number and they say it is a direct bolt in for an Fbody. They say it uses a OE slave. When I install it, the slave seems to be too long and is causing the cluch to disengage. Has anyone had this problem? Has anyone used a Spec super twin successfully? Advice would be appreciated.
Spec twin disc-dscn1790.jpg

Spec twin disc-dscn1789.jpg
Old 09-16-2014, 09:41 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 99VetteFRC
I have installed a Spec Super twin disc clutch with a OE replacement slave cylinder. I called Spec with the part number and they say it is a direct bolt in for an Fbody. They say it uses a OE slave. When I install it, the slave seems to be too long and is causing the cluch to disengage. Has anyone had this problem? Has anyone used a Spec super twin successfully? Advice would be appreciated.
Attachment 469387

Attachment 469388
I actually have the same clutch in my car. I used the same F-body slave cylinder but the throwout bearing is a Spec part. I seem to recall it being slightly shorter than the stock throwout bearing.

Other than that it's been flawless. No shims, no balancing, ect..
Old 09-16-2014, 10:03 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I take that back about the Spec throwout being shorter. It's the same height but actually smaller in diameter than the stock unit.

Did you remove the throwout spring before taking your measurements?

Also, since the flywheel/pressure plate are already balanced, be sure to line up the corresponding #1's when putting them back together.

Here's a few picks from when I put mine together. Twin Clutch
Old 09-17-2014, 02:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

After calling spec, I found out that the clutch needs rebuilt. I am just going to get rid of it and get a new clutch

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Spec twin disc