Sponsored by:

Harness rewire question

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 04:06 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harness rewire question

07 LQ4 (DBW) w/ 4L60E going into a 66 Chevy C10

I need to send my box off to be flashed and remove the codes. At the same time I would like to send off the harness to have it converted to stand alone. Here is my question: I've read a few different places that the truck intake/injectors will not fit assorted intake swaps (like the LS6).

-Should I get the new intake before I have the harness re-done because the injector plugs are different? How hard is it to change after the fact?

Also looking for info about the harness mod and the ECM flash. I've seen thread after thread discussing what needs to be eliminated from both the harness and the ECM....but I am still confused.

-What do I need and not need? Other than remove VATS, tweak timing, tweak transmission...what else?

Lastly it seems like there are thousands of places that do both the above listed actions. I see a harness rework from $250-$550 and a flash from $200-$500. What is the general consensus on who to use and what it *should* cost?

Thanks
Old 09-17-2014, 06:45 AM
12 Second Club

Intermediate to expert at wiring, Modifying your harness is a breeze. Beginners may struggle but its not hard if you follow directions to the tee. Changing injector plugs is pretty easy Cost to mod your own harness is anywhere from 40-100 dollars depending on fuse panel used and relays. If you had a modern FI vehicle, it would be less because you could use your original fuse panel and relays. If this is non-emission compliant application(check your state), then remove emissions equipment and rear o2s.

here's a link to get you started.
http://www.lt1swap.com/wiringharness.htm
some pics too.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5211824&type=1

If you have someone mod your harness and flash PCM for you, remember you get what you pay for. Research their reputation.
Old 09-17-2014, 06:52 AM
On The Tree

I used BP Automovitive for my new harness, and ECM. Bill will help you
with what you need. As far as your injectors I beleive they make a harness
to convert from ls1 to truck injectors and one from truck to ls1.
There are many sponsors here that can do the work for you, just find
the one you feel comfortable with.

Quick Reply: Harness rewire question