Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

99 camaro v6 to LSx Swap Project shop car

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 09:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 99 camaro v6 to LSx Swap Project shop car

Well I just sold my 84 s10 blazer I was doin and ls swap into but sold it as a roller and picked up this 1999 Camaro v6 auto car for 1500 bucks car is a hard top car clean title only problem it wont fire which was perfect for what I wanted to do. Ive always wanted these style Camaro and getting a ls1 car up here wasn't in my price range so im goin to build one. I have the 5.3 iron block im doin flat top pistons and 243 heads and a ls9 Cam with a 4l60e which is goin to be beefed up. Ill do my best keeping this updated as this project gose on. winter is coming soon so the plan is to have it running by mid may. on to the car pics

Last edited by krzy_z; 09-22-2014 at 09:46 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 10-12-2014, 10:37 AM
On The Tree

so I picked up the Camaro yesterday and brought it over to my parents place where ill be working on it till I get my new place. here are some better pics.

so when I got the car I was told it cranked over but would fire up. I put a battery in the car and fired up the first few turns of the key but with no surprise it had a rod bearing gone bad. which wasn't a big deal plan was to pull the motor out and swap the ls motor into it. Ill be pulling the motor and trans out as soon as I get the new k-member and other parts to put the new motor in and while the motor is out ill be cleaning up the engine bay of all th wiring removing the abs car will also probley get a color change as well. im also thinking of removing the lower gfx lips from the car still not sure yet.
Old 10-12-2014, 11:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hope you've done you home work, by the time you piece together all of the parts needed for the swap it's pretty easy to spend more that the price of a LS1 f body, and if the car is ever in a wreck it's still only worth the book price of a V6 car.
Old 10-12-2014, 11:46 AM
On The Tree

im totally award of the work and money that will cost to do this swap. but itll still be cheaper for me this way than buying a stock ls1 up here in Canada which are still goin for 13gs and up. at least this why ill spend the money having the car the way I want and still be cheaper. I already have half the battle won cause I have trans motor and wiring along with so other parts just need to order a k-member.
Old 10-12-2014, 10:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Cool project. Looking forward to see future updates. I have never been a fan of the body kits on these cars for some reason.

Quick Reply: 99 camaro v6 to LSx Swap Project shop car