Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Gmc vortec max bad engine

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2014, 07:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Gmc vortec max bad engine

I have a new body style Vortec max with a L76 engine that has seized up. I am looking to replace the engine but the price of a used L76 engine is crazy high. I am thinking of using an lq9 engine that is a lot cheaper. I figure I'll have to get the ECM flashed for it but is there anything else that would be a problem with doing this? Also if yall know of an easier engine to replace it with let me know. Thanks JD
Old 10-01-2014, 08:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,386 Likes on 875 Posts

Originally Posted by jld1980
I have a new body style Vortec max with a L76 engine that has seized up. I am looking to replace the engine but the price of a used L76 engine is crazy high. I am thinking of using an lq9 engine that is a lot cheaper. I figure I'll have to get the ECM flashed for it but is there anything else that would be a problem with doing this? Also if yall know of an easier engine to replace it with let me know. Thanks JD
I believe the L76 is a Gen IV engine. It will be much easier to stay with another Gen IV engine. Pick any engine that is 2006 or newer and it should be an easy swap.

Andrew
Old 10-03-2014, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by Project GatTagO
I believe the L76 is a Gen IV engine. It will be much easier to stay with another Gen IV engine. Pick any engine that is 2006 or newer and it should be an easy swap.

Andrew
Ok. Thanks. The ly6 is the generation IV?
Old 10-04-2014, 07:53 AM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

Yes

Easy way to split the generations is by the crank sensor. Black GEN III Gray GEN IV

What are you doing with the old engine? Ill buy the core/heads if you dump it
Old 10-04-2014, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by Pocket
Yes

Easy way to split the generations is by the crank sensor. Black GEN III Gray GEN IV

What are you doing with the old engine? Ill buy the core/heads if you dump it
Ok. As far as the old engine. I had a lq9 located but I'm having trouble finding a ly6 so I may end up trying to find someone to rebuild it if I can't find anything. I'll let u know if I do get rid of it though.

Quick Reply: 2007 Gmc vortec max bad engine