Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VSS w/ NVU Guages

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2014, 10:46 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VSS w/ NVU Guages

I'm wrapping up my LS project and can't seem to get the Speedo working right.

Setup is a GMPP LS3 T56 w/ GMPP computer. I am taking the VSS off the computer right now, not the sensor itself.

Issue right now is that I get signal but it's just under 2k/mile. NVU says it should be around 4k/mile. I don't have a scan tool or o-scope to see what the computer is doing. I also replaced the VSS and it's the exact same result.

I had the NVU calibrated for this and thought I was done but some how it lost the setting and went back to 4k setting. Emailed NVU asked them why it lost the setting and it turns out they don't want any setting under 4k. They also have a low, mid, high setting for signal, any idea what GM wants? I didn't play around with that yet, NVU setting out of the box is mid.

Questions:
- anyone ever encounter this with the GMPP computer on factory tune?
- if I tap into the VSS directly which wire is the 'high' side or doesn't it matter?

TIA
Old 10-06-2014, 07:36 PM
Teching In

Anyone?
Old 10-07-2014, 09:14 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you have HPTuners? They seem to be the only ones with the necessary tables to edit for speedo calibrations in swap vehicles.
Old 10-07-2014, 06:02 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by hellbents10
Do you have HPTuners? They seem to be the only ones with the necessary tables to edit for speedo calibrations in swap vehicles.
I do not. Was trying to avoid getting a tune right now, that why I went with the GMPP parts. Based on what they say the unit is programmed for I'm just trying to understand where the issue is. It's supposed to be based on 4kppm. Acceptable range is 3.08-4.10 with 27" tire. I figured I could get the rest tweaked out with the 'drive a mile' speedo function. I got just under 2k when I calibrated. I really couldn't care how many pulses it is. NVU is telling me they can't save anyhting less than 4k, even though it worked until imdisconnected the battery for a few days. I guess the guage needs 4k to be smooth.

Just looking to see what the experience has been with a stock GMPP computer.

Thx.

Quick Reply: VSS w/ NVU Guages