Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Colored DBC Cruise Control Wiring Diagram

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 12:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Colored DBC Cruise Control Wiring Diagram

Attached is a cruise wiring diagram I have come up with from combining the information I have gathered from this site as well as several others. This would be to utilize a 96-02 Chevy Blazer Cruise Control Module (also used in several other vehicles) in an LS1 Drive by Cable Swap. There are part numbers and wire colors. They pertain to my particular swap which is a 2001 F-Body LS1 into a 1969 Camaro. Most of the stuff is interchangeable, but the cruise stalk and PCM wiring could change a bit depending on application.

I'm looking for some help to proof it to make sure I'm not overlooking anything and/or giving someone bad information. I have NOT yet used this, but will be in the coming months. Kindly let me know if you see any errors.

Cheers,

Kurt
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Cruise Wiring.pdf (189.5 KB, 3494 views)
Old 10-09-2014, 09:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 192 Likes on 139 Posts

Everything looks correct to me. You must have done a good bit of internet searching to pull up some of those part numbers since the parts are generally not available anymore.
Old 10-09-2014, 10:26 PM
Teching In

It did indeed take some time to find the part numbers. I did this before I found out you converted/restored the stalks.

I'll insert a plug for ls1nova71's converted/restored cruise stalks. The stalk I received from him is very top notch and I can't wait to get it installed! I would recommend getting one from him. Good price and top quality.
Old 10-10-2014, 10:53 AM
gpr
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wanted to say thank you!!!!! I have a cruise control that isn't working on an 02 camaro and this will definitely help in trouble shooting, as I haven't had much luck. Thanks again!

Btw, will be setting up a cruise control DBW in a 71 chevelle. any recommendations on a stalk or unit to activate and run all the cruise buttons for DBW? I have all the wires from the pcm, just didn't know what to use to control them all.
Old 10-10-2014, 02:25 PM
Teching In

I got my stalk for my 69 Camaro from ls1nova71. It replaces the stock turn signal lever and has the cruise functions right on it. The process involves replacing the actual switch inside the stalk from a 3 wire to 4 wire and he also restores them so they look like new.

The part number's listed on the diagram for the stalk will work as well, but they are ridiculously hard to find as they are not made anymore.

I would PM Eric (ls1nova71) and see if he has any available.

Quick Reply: Colored DBC Cruise Control Wiring Diagram