Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

whats needed for an LSX swap for a Cadillac Catera?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2014, 12:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats needed for an LSX swap for a Cadillac Catera?

I've tried searching the web and 90% of what I find is "oh I would love to have/do one of those", but no details on how to. I keep finding links to one article of a "how to" but 1.) none of the pictures show up (imageshack) and 2.) he's using gm prototype parts which i'm pretty sure would be just a little hard for me to get my hands on. im also finding a lot of stuff for opel swaps with reference to cars that don't exist in the US.

I was thinking of doing a 5.3L or a 4.8L with a 4L60E or 6L60E but i'm not sure what kind of effect the iron block weight would have on the suspension and handling versus an aluminum block.

As of right now, I'm just looking for info on what ill be needing for parts to make this happen.

I'm currently searching for a donor car, might have found one already.

thanks guys
Old 04-23-2015, 08:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm interested also. These Cateras can be had with bad motors for around $1000. Would be a sweet luxury DD with a cheap 4.8/5.3 in it.
Old 04-24-2015, 07:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The closest you can get to a Catera LS swap is to get components from a pontiac GTO/Holden Monaro. The Monaro was the couple version of the Holden Commodore of which this Omega Platform was derived from.

Quick Reply: whats needed for an LSX swap for a Cadillac Catera?