Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Long tube header

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 11:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Long tube header

Ok guys. I'm swapping my ls into a Nissan 240sx. They cam with different type of mount kits. I bought one frm fueled performance but I'm using joker header.

If the header won't like the steering shaft is on the way or it touches the frame rail, what do you guys usually do besides getting another header?

I'm dropping the engine sometime beginning of dec and I want to get everything ready.
Old 11-05-2014, 01:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 203 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by laurentj23
Ok guys. I'm swapping my ls into a Nissan 240sx. They cam with different type of mount kits. I bought one frm fueled performance but I'm using joker header.

If the header won't like the steering shaft is on the way or it touches the frame rail, what do you guys usually do besides getting another header?

I'm dropping the engine sometime beginning of dec and I want to get everything ready.
Your best bet is to use mounts and headers from a single supplier to ensure compatibility. The fitment of the headers around the steering shaft in your car is very exact and even slight fore/aft or elevation changes to your engine from using different branded mounts will cause a well designed header to fit poorly.
Old 11-05-2014, 02:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^Yup. Any pix to share? Sometimes I have seen people heat up and manipulate header plumbing to make it work. I will look for an example.

Quick Reply: Long tube header