Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'70 Chevelle 4-Door - Need help finding window trim/molding (pics inside)

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2014, 11:51 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default '70 Chevelle 4-Door - Need help finding window trim/molding (pics inside)

Hey everyone!

I just picked up a 70 Chevelle 4 door yesterday. Only problem is, the driver's side window trim/molding that attaches to the rear door window and covers the gap between the front and rear door window is missing, and I cannot find where to get one. I was hoping someone here might have an idea or has/had a Chevelle. Here are some pics.

Passenger side - this is what I need for the D/S:

Driver's side - where it's completely gone

Anyone know where I can get one? Or even of a junkyard/parts car I can snag one?

Thanks!
Old 11-10-2014, 02:07 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 194 Likes on 140 Posts

Wow, a4door hardtop! Thats going to be tough. I think I could find parts for a sedan, but the hardtops are few and far between. Just a thought, have you looked inside the door in case it fell off when the window was rolled up? Could be lying at the bottom of it.
Old 11-10-2014, 03:19 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ls1nova71
Wow, a4door hardtop! Thats going to be tough. I think I could find parts for a sedan, but the hardtops are few and far between. Just a thought, have you looked inside the door in case it fell off when the window was rolled up? Could be lying at the bottom of it.
I found ONE on ebay for the side I needed, and I ordered it immediately. My luck, it's in the door LOL. I'm gonna go look and tell you if I need to kick myself in the ***.

Thanks man!
Old 11-10-2014, 03:52 PM
11 Second Club

It was in my door... hahahaha
Old 11-10-2014, 11:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 194 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by 98 WS6
It was in my door... hahahaha
Well, now you have a spare! Got any pics of the whole car? Looks like a nice low mileage car from the condition of the front seat, and I'm a sucker for green on green...
Old 11-11-2014, 09:34 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ls1nova71
Well, now you have a spare! Got any pics of the whole car? Looks like a nice low mileage car from the condition of the front seat, and I'm a sucker for green on green...
Luckily I was able to cancel the order in time and get my money back. I'll just have to use some 3M adhesive or something and reattach it to the glass.

I haven't really taken pics of it yet, but I have one good one! It's got 87k miles, all original 307, everything on the car works.

Here it is with my Camaro.

I'll probably have more pics later today. I'm almost done refinishing the wheels, then it'll be back on the ground.

Quick Reply: '70 Chevelle 4-Door - Need help finding window trim/molding (pics inside)