Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LY6/6L80 swap no start

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2014, 07:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LY6/6L80 swap no start

I´m having trouble with a 2008 LY6 swap in a Jeep CJ, E38 controller, after market wiring. Using HPTuners for tuning
I get no spark, and no injector pulse.
Could it be because of a broken cam sensor? At first when the wiring was installed, the connectors for the maf and cam sensor where swapped. Is it possible that it could have killed the cam sensor? When cranking "Cam sensor counts" in HPT stays at 0, should´n I be getting some movement there?
Also the oil pressure sensor seems to be bad, it shows 24kpa (3.5psi) at all times, is that maybe the problem, is it possible that the ecm wont allow a startup since it sees no oil pressure?

The only codes Im getting are the regular ECM-TCM not friends codes...

[] P0700 - Transmission Control System (MIL Request) (Pending) (History) (Current) (Immature)
[] U0100 - Lost Communication With ECM/PCM A (SES) (Pending) (History) (Current) (Immature)
[] U0121 - Lost Communication With Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Control Module (Pending) (Old) (History) (Current) (Immature)
[] U0140 - Lost Communication With Body Control Module (Pending) (Old) (History) (Current) (Immature)
[] P0700 - Transmission Control System (MIL Request)
[] U0100 - Lost Communication With ECM/PCM A

att is a small log with short cranking (the only log I remembered to save )
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
log start up cam counts 0.hpl (116.9 KB, 132 views)
Old 01-08-2021, 01:50 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by einarak
I´m having trouble with a 2008 LY6 swap in a Jeep CJ, E38 controller, after market wiring. Using HPTuners for tuning
I get no spark, and no injector pulse.
Could it be because of a broken cam sensor? At first when the wiring was installed, the connectors for the maf and cam sensor where swapped. Is it possible that it could have killed the cam sensor? When cranking "Cam sensor counts" in HPT stays at 0, should´n I be getting some movement there?
Also the oil pressure sensor seems to be bad, it shows 24kpa (3.5psi) at all times, is that maybe the problem, is it possible that the ecm wont allow a startup since it sees no oil pressure?

The only codes Im getting are the regular ECM-TCM not friends codes...

P0700 - Transmission Control System (MIL Request) (Pending) (History) (Current) (Immature)
U0100 - Lost Communication With ECM/PCM A (SES) (Pending) (History) (Current) (Immature)
U0121 - Lost Communication With Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Control Module (Pending) (Old) (History) (Current) (Immature)
U0140 - Lost Communication With Body Control Module (Pending) (Old) (History) (Current) (Immature)
P0700 - Transmission Control System (MIL Request)
U0100 - Lost Communication With ECM/PCM A

att is a small log with short cranking (the only log I remembered to save )
Hey Einar.ak

Did you fix your issue and if so what did you need to fix?

Quick Reply: LY6/6L80 swap no start