Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Newbie LS3/67 Camaro Wiring Conversion Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2014, 07:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Newbie LS3/67 Camaro Wiring Conversion Question

Please forgive me guys cause I know there has been a bunch of threads on this topic but I cant find my specific answer. I have bought a complete 2011 Camaro SS to use motor and drivetrain(6 speed) and I'm wandering if I can/should use the factory harness from the car without omitting any wires. I see a lot of people using the factory harness but removing the wires some consider not needed. One reason I ask is I may try to attempt to install the complete dash, steering and interior from the 2011 also. In short, what want to do is install motor and get it running in the 67 with the 2011 harness. Is this a tough job?

Thanks in advance

Appling
Old 11-19-2014, 08:55 PM
Teching In

Anybody ?
Old 11-23-2014, 10:25 AM
Teching In

Can't believe no one has replied. Must be a clique on here and I'm not part of it. Lol
Old 11-23-2014, 10:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I think you have more plans for using most everything from newer car where most people are just doing drivetrain. Your looking at a bunch of time to modifying the 2 car parts to merge it together. No doubt it be cool tho. Is your 11 camaro a wrecked donor or driver car?
Old 11-23-2014, 02:19 PM
Teching In

Wrecked donor. I have everything complete car. Right now I'm trying to see how hard it will be to use factory harness and start engine in 67 with omitting a bunch of stuff. 2011 ran before I removed the drive train. 67 has no wiring. It's an ex drag car I'm building to pro street.
Old 11-23-2014, 04:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

since you have a whole car atleast you have all the parts. I worked building late model wrecks, so Ive cut a bunch of cars in half put back together. I probably start by getting motor/tranny related stuff out. mark things with number system on each plug ends if think going to be a problem. Might be easier to use at least most of floor pan over into 67. That way alot of interior probably go in a little easier. I would try to take dash apart leaving intacked as much unit as can. Then you can measure mounting points transfer to 67. Take lots of pics for reference. Good luck

Quick Reply: Another Newbie LS3/67 Camaro Wiring Conversion Question