Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS2 to an 83 elcamino

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2014, 09:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS2 to an 83 elcamino

Hey guys. My son was in an accident with his 07 trailblazer ss with the LS2. it was rolled over and the only thing good is the drivetrain. I just negotiated the deal with the insurance company and bought the entire vehicle back. I want to swap the engine ,trans, rearend and any and all other parts that can possibly be used. That's where I need you guys. I need to know what I can use and what I should or shouldn't use off this trailblazer. by the way I am new to this group, My name is Tony and I am from Maurepas La.
Old 12-10-2014, 09:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well the rear will have 6 lugs not 5 like el camino plus not a bolt in. Check the width difference maybe close. engine wiring harness, gas pedal along with tack box & wiring,,check see mabe radiator size will work? Basically anything that has anything to do with motor. see about gas tank & fuel lines. air cleaner assembly, mass air flo sensor.
Old 12-10-2014, 11:58 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Coincidentally there's a guy with a 83 Cutlass running the tbss drive train with the and also. It was in a GMHightech Performance mag from earlier this year.
Old 12-12-2014, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by deuce4935
Coincidentally there's a guy with a 83 Cutlass running the tbss drive train with the and also. It was in a GMHightech Performance mag from earlier this year.
Thanks for this info. I will do a search for it.

Quick Reply: LS2 to an 83 elcamino