Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone done an LS/Q swap on a late 40's early 50's GM/Chevy/Buick/Caddy X Frame?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2014, 03:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone done an LS/Q swap on a late 40's early 50's GM/Chevy/Buick/Caddy X Frame?

I'm about to do the swap on my '50 buick and would be interested to see some pics anyone might have if they've done a LS/Q and/or 4L80E and/or Ford 9" in the X frame chassis.

Any help would be great!

This is my car I'm doing the frame off resto/swap on...

(Also as my signature line shows... I have a Facebook page with all the detailed pics of the progress on the project.)

Old 12-14-2014, 12:41 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup. 4.8/4L60 in my '51 Pontiac wagon, and I have an LT1/4L60 in my '48 Pontiac convert. The wagon uses a Buick Roadmaster wagon rear with Limited Slip, which is, I discovered, wider than the sedan rear ends. The convert uses the rear axle from the donor Caddy Fleetwood, and the width is perfect. The wagon I can't run the skirts on, they scuff the tires around corners. Don't know, but you may run into some trans tunner interference with a 4L80. The 4L60's have plenty of clearance. I also put a 6.0/4L60 in my '48 Diamond T pickup, which has an X member frame like the Pontiacs, and am currently doing a 5.3 4L60 in my '63 Riviera. Again, good fit.

Quick Reply: Anyone done an LS/Q swap on a late 40's early 50's GM/Chevy/Buick/Caddy X Frame?