Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls1 map sensor relocations - pic request

Old 12-19-2014, 07:39 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls1 map sensor relocations - pic request

On my ls1 intake I had to remove the part that holds the map sensor since the firewall and cowl were in the way.

Does anyone have any pics on a slick way of adding it somewhere else that didn't look sloppy? I googled images but didn't come up with much.
Old 12-20-2014, 08:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

Default MAP sensor

Megasquirt did a test on relocating their MAP sensor. They found out that a vacuum hose of ANY lenght had no effect on the sensor reading. Their MAP sensor is different than the GM sensor but vacuum is vacuum. If you can find a place to attach a hose and run it to the sensor somewhere out of sight the only restriction would be the wires. On an LT1 engine I unplugged the MAP from the manifold mounting, attached a hose to it, dropped it into the valley and covered it with the LT1 valley covers. Worked for 13 years.
Old 12-20-2014, 08:25 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 33willys
Megasquirt did a test on relocating their MAP sensor. They found out that a vacuum hose of ANY lenght had no effect on the sensor reading. Their MAP sensor is different than the GM sensor but vacuum is vacuum. If you can find a place to attach a hose and run it to the sensor somewhere out of sight the only restriction would be the wires. On an LT1 engine I unplugged the MAP from the manifold mounting, attached a hose to it, dropped it into the valley and covered it with the LT1 valley covers. Worked for 13 years.
Many of the turbo guys are doing this with the 3 bar map and you can mount that one on the firewall if needed.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ls1 map sensor relocations - pic request