Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 nissan frontier

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2014, 02:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 nissan frontier

I have an 07 nissan frontier that needs an engine. I am thinking about installing a 5.3 pullout. I have looked into installing a another vq40de into the truck but the are higher than giraffe ***** with high miles. I have searched around this site and others for info on this kind of swap and could only find a first gen frontier swapped. Has anyone done or seen this swap in a second gen frontier? Would it be worth it?
Old 12-25-2014, 01:52 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the fun factor, I say YES it's worth it. Since you are in uncharted territory like I was, you will need to take some measurements of the engine bay, Core support to firewall, frame rail width, and both front and back of crossmember to firewall. Also distance of crossmember to front Diff. Since the Frontier is bigger than my Ranger, I'd say it's very doable. Compare your engine bay to maybe a S10 to see what hurdles you may have to overcome. If the older swap that you found has similar engine bay dimensions then use that as a guide if there is a thread. From a monetary standpoint, expect to have about 20% more at minimum than other swaps. Plan for the vehicle to be down almost a month at minimum working nights and weekends because you will have the engine in and out several times for fitment.
Old 12-25-2014, 03:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 583 Likes on 461 Posts

I never seen a giraff's *****, let anone one in high heels. I say go for it.
Old 12-25-2014, 03:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Well, getting it to fit is one thing. Getting the gauges, ABS, or whatever else might go through the Nissan ecu is another. Then you may run into emmisions issues if you have that there.
I've got an 05 Frontier and the complete manual if you need it to look into that stuff.

Quick Reply: 07 nissan frontier