Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

an fuel lines on fox body

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 10:06 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default an fuel lines on fox body

I have aftermarket fuel rails that came with the an lines and fittings for them either -6 or-8. When I removed the motor from my fox (4cl) I just cut the hard plastic lines. so my question is: is there a way to connect these two together and if so, how? or would it just be a better decision to just sump the tank and put in an inline pump and just plumb all new everything? Thanks for your opinions guys
Old 01-25-2015, 10:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,393 Likes on 879 Posts

There are ways to plumb using plastic lines and there are ways to plumb using any variety of AN lines, but it is hard to mix and match. I like PTFE (teflon) AN lines with steel hard line running the length of the car.

Andrew
Old 01-25-2015, 10:37 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Project GatTagO
There are ways to plumb using plastic lines and there are ways to plumb using any variety of AN lines, but it is hard to mix and match. I like PTFE (teflon) AN lines with steel hard line running the length of the car.

Andrew
so what do you suggest I do?
Old 01-25-2015, 10:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,393 Likes on 879 Posts

Originally Posted by lsx_production
so what do you suggest I do?
Personally, I would use teflon AN lines for the flexible portions (tank to the hardline and hardline to the engine) and run hardline down the length of the car.

Andrew
Old 01-26-2015, 05:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Because your car was a 4cyl you should just run a new fuel line. The 4cyl fuel line connection location is going to interfere with the v8 exhaust.
Old 01-26-2015, 07:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Project GatTagO
Personally, I would use teflon AN lines for the flexible portions (tank to the hardline and hardline to the engine) and run hardline down the length of the car.

Andrew
and just hose clamp the flex line to the hardline?
Old 01-27-2015, 05:21 PM
On The Tree

The best thing to do is to run a new set of lines. Get rid of all the crusty fuel hard-line on the car. There are adapters that easily convert the stock sender (feed and return tubes on top your tank) to AN. I bought a single length of -6 braided hose and necessary fittings. Use a corvette filter near the tank to prevent having to run more hose and minimize material. Then run a single hose all the way up and connect to your rail. Very easy and nothing will be hacked up. Do it right the first time.
Old 01-27-2015, 06:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by TopNotchLSX
The best thing to do is to run a new set of lines. Get rid of all the crusty fuel hard-line on the car. There are adapters that easily convert the stock sender (feed and return tubes on top your tank) to AN. I bought a single length of -6 braided hose and necessary fittings. Use a corvette filter near the tank to prevent having to run more hose and minimize material. Then run a single hose all the way up and connect to your rail. Very easy and nothing will be hacked up. Do it right the first time.
Solid advice. I would go with an in tank pump if possible
Old 01-27-2015, 09:10 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by TopNotchLSX
Bingo works great
Old 01-27-2015, 09:15 PM
9 Second Club

I have a brand new intank 340 pump with 6an fittings welded on the feed and return. used a 94-95 bracket as it has a bigger feed line then 79-93. Fits perfect in foxbodies. Also have the Corvette filter with an fittings already installed (bought it as a kit) This was spare stuff for another car. I have everything to build another LSX stang
Old 01-27-2015, 09:37 PM
9 Second Club

forgot to say, its for sale ^^

Quick Reply: an fuel lines on fox body