Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much hassle to mate 4l60e to LY6

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 12:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much hassle to mate 4l60e to LY6

Car I'm swapping the LSx into is forcing me to use the 4l60e due to the size of the 80e.

I was originally thinking of bolting up to an LQ4, but a week ago a fellow member pointed me towards the LY6 as a great substitute for the lq4 due to the better heads. My goals are very mild (at least for this forum), so the less work I would need to get the LY6 to my hp goals opposed to doing a top end build of the LQ4 is quite enticing.

My question is how much of a hassle is it to mate the 60e to the LY6? Obviously the reluctor wheel needs swapped out and the computer/harness need modified, but how in-depth is all of that? I want to avoid having to devote more time/money getting the 60e mated up than I would building the top end of the LQ4. (fwiw; if I did the LQ4, I would piece together the ls6 heads and intake)

I will be starting from the ground up, so if various wiring component/computers from the JY can be frankenstein-ed with a little bit of knowledge, I like the idea of just throwing a cam into the LY6 and being at my goal (I still have lots of research on the VVT debate).

Thanks for any guidance! You really can get lost in this forum.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Call psi conversions they will know they prob have a harness too.I don't think u have to change reluctor worst case u would have to run a standalone trans controller like tci ez tcu. There are a few people running vvt me included but it's not hard to delete then u can run a much bigger cam. I bought a package from mastmotorsport that makes an ly6 509 hp but keeps vvt for low end torque. what is your swap?
Old 01-27-2015, 11:24 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just get a TCM from something like a 09 silverado with a 4l60e and a harness that is built for an external TCM. No need to change reluctors.

Quick Reply: How much hassle to mate 4l60e to LY6