Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gbody guys. Throttle cable info needed

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 05:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Gbody guys. Throttle cable info needed

I'm at that point where I have to replace the throttle cable for the LS. I know lokar makes one so I will probably go that route. Any tricks or advice on changing the old one out for the new one? What's the best way to do this?
Old 02-02-2015, 05:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I went with the Lokar. Cut the outer cable housing to length you need & install in place, then run inner cable through & adjust to tight enough to make sure you get full throttle opening, then cut inner cable off past connector. The cable end is pretty much what you'd use in a lawnmower application.
Old 02-02-2015, 09:20 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lokar works fine. Stock cable out of most trucks works ok too. Most just go get a cable from a bike-shop.
Old 02-03-2015, 01:54 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the replies. I Ordered the lokar one yesterday. Is it difficult to remove the factory cable from the car? I haven't got in there to see what needs to be done yet because the car is high up on the jack stands to get the trans in.
Old 02-03-2015, 04:17 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ended up using an f body cable as was recommended in a couple of posts on this subject.

It is really yeasy to remove the old one. Just disconnect it from the pedal, squeeze the tabs holding it on the inside of the firewall and push it out.
Old 02-03-2015, 10:31 PM
Staging Lane

I used the cable from a 2000-2002 Non-traction controlled Trans Am. The insulation got in the way of those two tabs that you must squeeze to get the cable through. This is from the inside of the vehicle, of course. I removed the three screws holding the pedal in place, just to ease in the removal.

You may want to give it a light bead of silicone all the way around the plastic grommet
(engine bay) to seal out the weather.
Old 02-04-2015, 05:42 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by '87 Monte SS
I used the cable from a 2000-2002 Non-traction controlled Trans Am. The insulation got in the way of those two tabs that you must squeeze to get the cable through. This is from the inside of the vehicle, of course. I removed the three screws holding the pedal in place, just to ease in the removal.

You may want to give it a light bead of silicone all the way around the plastic grommet
(engine bay) to seal out the weather.

Thanks guys. I got the lokar cable on today so I'll be messing with it maybe this week.
Old 05-15-2015, 07:39 AM
Teching In

What length lokar cable did you use??

Quick Reply: Gbody guys. Throttle cable info needed