Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS3 6L80e conversion quesntions

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 12:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS3 6L80e conversion quesntions

Hi all,

My project is a Navara or Fontier to you guys in the US that I am fitting an LS3 and 6L80e with transfer case.

I need to know which ARP bolt packs I require for flex to crank and converter to flex as I do not have the factory ones, Can someone advise the part numbers?

As we in Australia do not have any factory fitted vehicles with a 4x4 6L80e, I have imported an American 4x4 adaptor and NP241 transfer case for the conversion. I know I will be cutting down the output shaft, however there is 4x4 6L80e a output shaft seal people use for to for this conversion. Can anyone advise me the part number for the seal I need?

If any sponsors know what I need and can supply the seal and both bolt packs, please let me know and I will get them sent over ASAP!

Cheers
Old 02-03-2015, 03:20 PM
TECH Resident

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Curious, why not buy a transfer case from a 4x4 like the escalade, 2500 truck or yukon denali?
I had to convert my 6L80 from 4x4 to 2WD for my conversion. I believe the transfer case shared the same fluid with the transmission. I say that as I don't remember any case seal separating the two.
I also thought the 4x4 6L80 had a shorter output shaft than 2WD (90% sure). I had to unstack the trans to swap that over. from 4WD -> 2WD. A new output shaft wasn't expensive $150 or so.
I used GM new flex plate bolts.
I buy parts from parts.com when I want new OEM GM parts. They offer 40% discount and the orders are fulfilled by genuine GM dealers' parts counters.
(I also buy from Amazon, too) - don't they deliver to Australia?
Hope this info might help a little.

Doug

Quick Reply: LS3 6L80e conversion quesntions