Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

69 Camaro motor mount problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2015, 02:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 69 Camaro motor mount problems

I bought my subframe from a 69 Camaro from a local custom shop. I didn't notice that they had welded on the 69 motor mounts. I ordered the Holley LS swap motor mount brackets, pan and crossmember. It calls for the mounts from a 74 Camaro. Here's my problem, they welded up all the holes so now if I cut the mounts out I still don't have any hole to use to mount the brackets to. Is there anyway to utilize the 69 mounts or does anyone know where I can find where to drill new holes for the mounts? Thanks for the help!
Old 02-08-2015, 03:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 203 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by Firebirdzig
I bought my subframe from a 69 Camaro from a local custom shop. I didn't notice that they had welded on the 69 motor mounts. I ordered the Holley LS swap motor mount brackets, pan and crossmember. It calls for the mounts from a 74 Camaro. Here's my problem, they welded up all the holes so now if I cut the mounts out I still don't have any hole to use to mount the brackets to. Is there anyway to utilize the 69 mounts or does anyone know where I can find where to drill new holes for the mounts? Thanks for the help!
Firebirdzog, just cut the stock frame stands out and install the Hooker parts using the transmission crossmember mounting holes in the subrame to mock-up your engine and trans assembly in the car establish the fore/aft position of your engine and transmission. Once you get everything sitting down level on the crossmember and centered between the frame rails you can then scribe lines around the adapter plates and pull the engine and trans so you can mark the holes and drill them out.
Old 02-08-2015, 04:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome! Thanks for the how to. I'm gonna do it as soon as my crossmember comes in!

Quick Reply: 69 Camaro motor mount problems