Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

catalytic converter recommendation s

Old 02-24-2015, 11:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default catalytic converter recommendation s

I have a C2 corvette with ls swap and side pipes. The gas fumes are so bad they about make me sick. I have Dough headers going into classic chambered powerstick s that run the full length of the car. The only place I can fit them is very small. I have been looking at Magna flow 3"in and out and 8" long. Would this help and be worth the trouble and would I loose power. What other small cats do you guys recommend. I don't have to pass emissions just trying not to die from the fumes.
Old 02-25-2015, 02:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

The Kooks cats are small and flow very well so you will not lose power. They will not remove the smell completely though. I have the similar problem, but can't lean the car out because it's supercharged.
Old 02-25-2015, 07:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I used Magnaflow cats for my '02 Silverado to replace failing factory units. My truck was a small cam, headers, exhaust, CAI, I6 Trailblazer stall, and tune so it wasn't a big power setup. I had no trouble with the Magnaflows. I think performance vs dollar spent they are worth it and doubt you'll notice a big hit in power. My '01 Z28 has true duals without cats and the eye watering vapors aren't worth the power or sound IMO. I'm getting old.

I know of some people that have used Random Tech cats with good luck on higher performance builds. Whatever you do; make sure that your car is tuned dead nuts on A/F ratio and your physical placement is correct or you'll be slowly killing your new cats.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: catalytic converter recommendation s