Sponsored by:

2002 5.3 modifying the stock harness question retaining stock fuse box

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 01:58 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 5.3 modifying the stock harness question retaining stock fuse box

Hi,

I have been searching for hours at all the sites that show how to modify a stock harness. The Lt1Ls1 swap site seemd to have a good description of what to do. What I needis some clarity.

Can I keep my stock fuse box and just strip the wires I need off the red/blue connectors, then have my ecm reflashed. On the LT1LS1 swap site he replaces the fuse box with a aftermarket one. There is a link to use the stock one but it doesn't mention how to keep the original harness intact.

Sorry for the confusion. If someone can set meup with a link to a step by step instructional guide from start to finish using the stock fuse block and harness I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

J
Old 03-01-2015, 03:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I just did my 2nd truck harness using LT1Swap.com info. some is a little vague but bare with it you should be able to get it done. reason for not using the factory fuse block its big & bulky. I used the little fuse block/relays on my first swap. Im doing this one using a a chevy cavalier underhood fuse panel. I get it tomorrow from local salvage yard. Ive seen these used a little more on here and local guys. On the harness I pick the wires out of pcm connectors. Follow them to there ends and if needed I come backwards to remove any other wires connected to same plug. There is a lot of junctioning of ground wires so you can cut the removing ones.
Old 03-01-2015, 04:21 PM
Teching In

I'm using the harness and fuse/relay center from a '03 Trailblazer which is what my LM4 came from. I found the pin-outs and all wiring diagrams at Mitchell for $25.00 subscription. http://www.eautorepair.net/Marketing/Default.asp Working well for me along with the tips from LT1 site.

Quick Reply: 2002 5.3 modifying the stock harness question retaining stock fuse box