Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any FAST XFI 2.0 swaps?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 12:00 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any FAST XFI 2.0 swaps?

Been searching around for an alternative and have been reading about the FAST XFI 2.0. I find several things intriguing about the set up. The traction control and the advanced learning modes.

Curious if anyone has used this set up in a swap?

http://www.fuelairspark.com/fas/xfi-...a-logginghtml/
Old 03-11-2015, 10:23 PM
On The Tree

Kind of thought this might not get any responses. It seems to be an uncommon kit or those who have used it might not be here.

I'll keep searching!
Old 03-11-2015, 10:41 PM
Staging Lane

Default Fast

I have seen a couple of these setups on friends SBC / BBC stuff. They are actually a very nice setup. I think the main reason you don't see guys on here use them much is because you can buy a complete vortec LS style truck engine, a flashed ECU and an aftermarket wiring harness for around the same price the FAST will cost you. Not saying its better or worse, just saying that is what motivated me. If you want to spend the time to modify a harness, it would be even cheaper...

I have used some of the FAST stuff on my GN's in the past and they make a rock solid product. The self learn is what it is, it will drive towards a target AFR and if your not going for an all out setup, it will more than likely serve you very well.

Another thing to consider, unless you are just wanting the old school carb look, is getting the Holley HP ECU and harness along with a stock style intake / injector setup. It has basically the same functions as the FAST self learn system. you can get that kit for around 1100 and utilize all of the stock style setup off your donor engine.
Old 03-11-2015, 11:12 PM
On The Tree

We're talking two different kits. The self learning TBI units are something else entirely. This is their XFI kit. Harness, ECU, O2, tuning software, data logger, traction control, etc. Its their stand alone swap kit. Looks like its pretty bad ***. On par or better than the holley dominator kit. Was hoping to hear some real world feedback from someone and not just the marketing spiel on the FAST site.
Old 03-12-2015, 10:25 AM
Staging Lane

Default Fast

My bad,

That would be interesting...I just looked at the ad.

Their Fast 2.0 ECU on my Grand national has worked very well and the vendor I bought it from has great support for them. ( Hartline performance )

Quick Reply: Any FAST XFI 2.0 swaps?