Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbie D.I.Y. build; 5.3 swap in need of help

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2015, 01:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Newbie D.I.Y. build; 5.3 swap in need of help

I'm doing this myself because prices around my area are ridiculously high for no reason. So i rebuilt my 5.3L and just got it in the car. Now I'm trying to figure out what sensors actually need to be connected, there's one on the side of the block near the starter, 2 behind the intake and I'm sure I have to connect the temp sensor on the cylinder head. Also, what do I need to do as far as the vacuum lines and openings on the top end, I know about the steam vent and I have a plan of attack for that. Also this is a carbed 5.3. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-12-2015, 01:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

the one by starter is crank position sensor you need it. cam sensor on top of block behind intake need that. map sensor should be the other one back there need it to. only vacuum shoulp be power brakes unless need for old style tranny or cruise control.
Old 03-12-2015, 11:18 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 76larkman
the one by starter is crank position sensor you need it. cam sensor on top of block behind intake need that. map sensor should be the other one back there need it to. only vacuum shoulp be power brakes unless need for old style tranny or cruise control.
On the stock truck intake the map sensor is on top of the intake towards the rear.

The other sensor behind the intake on the block is the factory oil pressure sender (short one is cam sensor, taller one is oil pressure)
Old 03-13-2015, 11:14 AM
Teching In

Thanks for the info guys...

Last edited by 1985CapriceClassic; 03-13-2015 at 11:21 AM.

Quick Reply: Newbie D.I.Y. build; 5.3 swap in need of help