Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to tie my LS1 harness in to my car - PLEASE HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2015, 07:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to tie my LS1 harness in to my car - PLEASE HELP!

I know this has been talked about before and I am sure there are a ton of threads on this.

I have a 93 Notchback and am running a LS motor and 4L80e trans. I have a stock LS1 Harness and PCM from an automatic '02 Camaro. I am also using the '02 Camaro instrument cluster and have the OBD2 wiring as well.

Most companies want to sell you the entire swap harness, but I am looking for some sort of stand alone that has the fuse/relay box that I can adapt my LS1 harness to and tie in the cars wiring (ex. lights, windows, heater). I also know I have to get the wiring for the 80's speed sensor and all to incorporate that as well.

I totally understand I am in for tedious work making this wiring work, but does anyone recommend a company that has the missing piece I need to tie the wiring to?

If anyone has done this on a foxbody even better. Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated. This is my first time tackling a wiring job like this, but I am in for the challenge

Old 03-14-2015, 07:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think you need to go to Lt1Swap.com. I think what you asking for you can do using his info. I did truck harness which most of on its own with 2 relays & 4 fuse flock. But still some wires that tie to car for ignition on run position, battery power and to brake switch. 1 relay is primary other is fuel pump. you also have a wire to do for check engine you can figure it on a new light or your dash light. If you have the oil pressre temp altenator stuff you can hook those with adapters to Ls motor.
Old 03-14-2015, 08:26 PM
Teching In

SA-1000 Current Performance Wiring. Just bought one myself.

Last edited by speedtigger; 03-15-2015 at 07:15 AM. Reason: removed non-sponsor link

Quick Reply: How to tie my LS1 harness in to my car - PLEASE HELP!