Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 into 2003 ford f150 harley davidson need help

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 10:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 into 2003 ford f150 harley davidson need help

any help will be greatly appreciated. so i have a 03 harley davidson f150 stock supercharged all bolt ons making about 410 rwhp n 499 tq with 240k on stock motor n tranny. head gasket went cause i m an idiot i replaced belt driven fan with an electric fan. but the truck runs great just making a terrible clicking noise. i m not ford vs chevy guy i like all trucks. all i care about is whats gonna work the best n makes the most sense. i m on alot of ford forums and alot of the ********* are more worried about me putting a chevy motor in a ford then what makes sense. not really any help. there arent really that many options with my motor cause its blows and parts are expensive and motors. you pretty much have to stick to a supercharger.

so this is what im looking for which ls motor, converter and tranny, i prefer turbo setup because when that thing spools up its awesome and more controlled power, im looking for a max of 550 rwhp, i want to be a reliable daily driver and even if it means a supercharger, i drive the **** of my truck, i dont care about 1/4 mile i never tracked my truck, i wanna crush people on the highway cause i drive everywhere, i ve never done a motor swap, my budget is 7k, i like doing things right the first time, i ve done alot of research so im not just coming here for a quick answer, im in dc area so there isnt many local custom shops around, i would love to get a turbo like the new single turbos in the bmw 335 cause they have power low and high end but i also understand i have a 5000 pound truck. any help will be great so i can beat all the losers on the ford forums that think this is an act of tyranny. sorry for the long post
Old 03-17-2015, 02:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

welcome to site. Your looking at a lot of changing/work to go Ls power. Why not just put headgaskets in your truck? Be alot cheaper & trade into a chevy. I at one time in 1998 had a 98 rt dakota with 360. 6000 miles it needed a tranny and before 15,000 miles it had a 2nd tranny do to front u-joint failure. Driveshaft let go/yoke exploded split tranny case up to bellhousing. The ground look like I hit a cow all red(tranny fluid for 1/2 mile). Sometimes you do more sense thing and dump out. mine was all warranty but 2-3 months due to back order supply at time. Anyway going Ls will leave you more wiring/fab issues that you might not know how to do.

Quick Reply: LS1 into 2003 ford f150 harley davidson need help