Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any reasonably priced foxbody oil pan options?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2015, 09:43 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any reasonably priced foxbody oil pan options?

91 Notch Foxbody, have a 5.3 and will be getting a turbo later.

So after looking around a lot it seems that people really only use the f- body oil pan, and after looking into that people want $200 dollars for just the pan (Which is the same price as a new one btw, and half of what I got the entire motor with accessories for...).

I know the 5.3 truck pan can be modified, but I haven't seen many success stories by going with this method. Mostly people saying they tried it, it leaked, they got another pan. Anyone have input on this?

I'll be making my own motor mounts most likely if that helps at all. There's also a guy locally selling a "Batwing" corvette oil pan for pretty cheap that I've been considering but haven't found anyone that uses them.
Old 03-20-2015, 09:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Mythbuster74

So after looking around a lot it seems that people really only use the f- body oil pan, and after looking into that people want $200 dollars for just the pan (Which is the same price as a new one btw, and half of what I got the entire motor with accessories for...).

I know the 5.3 truck pan can be modified, but I haven't seen many success stories by going with this method. Mostly people saying they tried it, it leaked, they got another pan. Anyone have input on this?

I'll be making my own motor mounts most likely if that helps at all. There's also a guy locally selling a "Batwing" corvette oil pan for pretty cheap that I've been considering but haven't found anyone that uses them.
Check out my sig
Old 03-20-2015, 09:51 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 69-chvl
Check out my sig
How close are the sn95's to the foxbody? I know lots of parts are interchangeable, but want to make sure
Old 03-20-2015, 10:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

How close are the sn95's to the foxbody? I know lots of parts are interchangeable, but want to make sure
Very close. I think I paid about 200.00 new for the cts-v pan kit. But if you can get the batwing in there try it. The good news is that all the LS stuff sells easily, so buy a couple of pans and see what you like, and then sell the other ones off.
Old 03-20-2015, 04:41 PM
Teching In

Looked at the muscle car pan? Thats what I have for my foxbody swap unfortunately i haven't been able to test fit the motor in the car. Comes with everything and the kitchen sink for around $175 on ebay
Old 03-20-2015, 05:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

The Chevrolet Performance LS Muscle Car Oil Pan Kit" Used to be the truck pan. Way too deep for most applications. Buy the f-body pan and be done with it that way when u buy the AJE K-member and LS motor mounts you will be all set...lol.. then you can buy the AJE trans cross member and then your motor and trans will sit at the right angle.....you can thank me later...then your cheap *** can go buy these hedman headers....lol..
http://www.jegs.com/i/Hedman-Husler/...ductId=2167916
Old 03-20-2015, 05:21 PM
Teching In

I've read of about several Fox LS conversions with tubular K member running a CTS-V oil pan with excellent results.

Quick Reply: Any reasonably priced foxbody oil pan options?