Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

58-64 Bbody help

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 04:23 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 58-64 Bbody help

Hey I'm tryna get my last few parts together to try to start my build . I jabe an 06 lm7 going into a 62 bel air or impala . I'm still trying to decide which way to go with my tranny . I want to go with a 60e and I have a few local guys selling some without transfer cases and im not completely sure on if I'll need one or not . I was also wondering if anyone would have the parts # or would know what hoses I would need for the motor . I'm also wanting to do my own harness a.d was wondering if anyone could tell me whats needed to switch the injector clips to use for a ls1 intake and injectors . And help would be greatly appreciated .
Old 03-29-2015, 09:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

there is several on here doing impalas just search for them. on 4L60E your better off getting it from a 2wd pick up/suv with Ls engine. that way it will hook up no problem. You didnt say what you have for wiring but if you have truck harness it will work. You can buy car injector connectors & solder them on. LT1Swap.com has good wiring info & may have the ends needed.
Old 03-30-2015, 01:19 AM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by JLane9992
I jabe an 06 lm7 going into a 62 bel air or impala . I'm still trying to decide which way to go with my tranny . I want to go with a 60e and I have a few local guys selling some without transfer cases and im not completely sure on if I'll need one or not .
Did you type this on a phone?

Ok, back on topic... If you'll need one what? The transfer case? Not unless you plan on making the car 4 wheel drive!

Converting a 4L60E 4x4 transmission to 2WD requires a complete tear down which may as well be a rebuild - plus parts you don't have. The 4x4 output shaft is different (shorter I believe) plus you are missing the tailshaft, gasket, slip yoke and speed sensor. Those parts could eclipse the price difference between a "good deal" 4x4 4L60E transmission and a 2WD 4L60E transmission - even if you plan on rebuilding it.

Just my opinion, your experience may vary.
Old 03-30-2015, 08:49 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by gofastwclass
Did you type this on a phone?

Ok, back on topic... If you'll need one what? The transfer case? Not unless you plan on making the car 4 wheel drive!

Converting a 4L60E 4x4 transmission to 2WD requires a complete tear down which may as well be a rebuild - plus parts you don't have. The 4x4 output shaft is different (shorter I believe) plus you are missing the tailshaft, gasket, slip yoke and speed sensor. Those parts could eclipse the price difference between a "good deal" 4x4 4L60E transmission and a 2WD 4L60E transmission - even if you plan on rebuilding it.

Just my opinion, your experience may vary.
Lol yes I was at work when I typed this post sorry for all the typos and thank you for that info

Quick Reply: 58-64 Bbody help