Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS3 crank but start only if I press the pedal

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2015, 08:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS3 crank but start only if I press the pedal

Hi and thanks in advance for your time. I installed a LS3 crate engine (with transmision package) all as stock. When i try to start, the engine crank but doesn't start but I press the accelerator pedal it starts. I checked fuel pressure and everything seems to be ok. Appears to be lack of air, so when I press the pedal open de throttle and the engine start. Do you think the same?
Any help?

PD. Sorry for my english, i'm from Argentina.
Old 04-05-2015, 09:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

How far do you have to throttle it? There's a "clear flood" mode but that takes a lot of pedal to engage. Could it be the TPS is set too low to read with the throttle closed?
Old 04-06-2015, 09:19 AM
Teching In

I just press the pedal a little and the engine start. I think in a problem of lack of air because when the engine starts it smell as if it was too rich.

The crate engine kit is the following http://www.summitracing.com/dom/part...l65e/overview/ and I installed all stock with the exception of the air filter.

Thanks!
Old 04-06-2015, 10:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,386 Likes on 875 Posts

Originally Posted by wdiegogarcia
I just press the pedal a little and the engine start. I think in a problem of lack of air because when the engine starts it smell as if it was too rich.

The crate engine kit is the following http://www.summitracing.com/dom/part...l65e/overview/ and I installed all stock with the exception of the air filter.

Thanks!
Have you double checked your fuel pressure?

With the DBW, if the engine is not running, I don't believe that pressing on the gas pedal actually moves the throttle blades. I believe that the clear flooding mode kicks in with over a 33% of TPS reading.

Andrew
Old 04-07-2015, 02:37 PM
Teching In

The fuel pressure is about 60 psi constant. We first installed a pressure regulator (vaccum referenced) and after reading some posts and GM info, we removed it and installed this http://www.summitracing.com/int/part...3737/overview/.
Old 04-23-2015, 09:20 AM
Teching In

No, I couldn't solve it yet. Despite of this problem the engine works great. I scanned and didn't appear any fault codes. Any new ideas? Thanks a lot for your interest.

Quick Reply: LS3 crank but start only if I press the pedal