Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mustang exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2015, 11:58 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mustang exhaust

on a foxbody with an ls motor, after the swap headers of choice, are people running just a regular mustand x or h pipe into mustang tails or dumps? or are you guys doing something special/custom with exhaust.... there will be a t56 under there if that helps. its a 1989 mustang

just need to know what to keep my eyes peeled for as far as exhaust parts go

-Sean
Old 04-22-2016, 07:26 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by staggeredfox
on a foxbody with an ls motor, after the swap headers of choice, are people running just a regular mustand x or h pipe into mustang tails or dumps? or are you guys doing something special/custom with exhaust.... there will be a t56 under there if that helps. its a 1989 mustang

-Sean
Bump, looking for the same info as well
Old 04-23-2016, 07:07 AM
9 Second Club

I would assume any Mustang fox body exhaust would work, you would just redo the collector area. Or you can just have a shop makeup a custom set. Depends on what look or sound your looking for. Mine is Kooks stainless headers to 3" Foxbody Mac prochamber, mufflers to stainless tail pipes. All 3" and Mac. my shop just redid the collector area to fit.
Old 04-23-2016, 11:15 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Bowtiedford
I would assume any Mustang fox body exhaust would work, you would just redo the collector area. Or you can just have a shop makeup a custom set. Depends on what look or sound your looking for. Mine is Kooks stainless headers to 3" Foxbody Mac prochamber, mufflers to stainless tail pipes. All 3" and Mac. my shop just redid the collector area to fit.
Do you like the sound of the Mac exhaust?
Old 04-24-2016, 04:19 AM
Staging Lane

Bowtie
Do you have any pictures of your header/collector setup? Im in the same boat and it wold help too give the exhaust a picture of what is wanted
thanks
Tank
Old 04-24-2016, 09:21 AM
9 Second Club

sorry no pics of it. after looking at 1300 pics and then photo bucket, no luck lol. thought I did. Your going to have to cut as close to the h pipe or x pipe off then weld the pipe to the collector and the part where you cut off. I used mandrel j bends. This way the back part is not messed with at all. Sorry no sound clips of it.
Old 04-24-2016, 09:35 AM
9 Second Club

sorry no pics or sound you have to cut it close to the h pipe or x pipe so this way you can connect the LS collector to the part you cut off. I used 3" mandrel bent j bends.
Old 04-29-2016, 02:15 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by staggeredfox

-Sean
Sean,

I have a complete exhaust for a foxbody LS SWAP mustang GT/LX. I'm looking forward on posting, it for sale it contains LS3 manifolds with custom x pipe and PYPES mufflers with LX TAIL PIPES don't have a price yet make me a offer. I also have some BBK 351W long tube headers with GMPERFOMACE flanges welded. This set it only for mustang LS swap with T56 asking 300 plus shipping. Pm me your number to send pictures if you like.
Old 05-02-2016, 09:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 226 Likes on 179 Posts

Not a fox but an SN95, very similar.

Quick Reply: mustang exhaust