Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best PCM to use?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 01:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Best PCM to use?

I came across a sick deal on a 99 LM7 awhile back and jumped on it. It came pretty much complete drop out with harness (hacked) and the stock pcm, accessories, etc. I have since come across a deal on an 04 LM4 that I couldn't pass up, but it didn't come with anything. So I'm in the process of figuring out what of the LM7 stuff I can use so I can sell off whats left. I'm aware of the dbw difference, but other than that are there any advantages/disadvantages to running a newer or older pcm?

Last edited by stmotorsports; 05-01-2015 at 03:17 PM. Reason: clarify
Old 04-29-2015, 08:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Both should be 24x, AFAIK, so use any 0411 PCM from any truck.
Old 04-29-2015, 11:33 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

PCM's are slightly different. The 99 is a 512 kb one while the 04 is a 1 MB. The 99 is also setup for DBC while the 04 most likely is a DBW. I would keep the 512 kB 1999 PCM, but it will depend on what your plans are for using the PCM (just stand alone .... electric fans ... A/C etc....).
Old 05-01-2015, 03:51 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the input guys

I forgot to mention the 04 engine didn't come with anything so the only one I have atm is the 99. But I'm selling the 99 motor so trying to decide if I should let the pcm go with the engine or keep it and run the 04 engine on it. The 99 engine is indeed dbc and the 04 is dbw. Haven't decided which I want to go with yet as far as that goes. But other than that plans are pretty straightforward, at least for now lol. The car it would be going into is my 54 BelAir. It's just going to be a weekend cruiser and probably never see any strip/track/etc but possibly the occasional road trip. I live in NC and it gets *** hot in the summer so ac is a must. Also planning on electric fans, cruise, most likely keeping the stock 862 heads for now but otherwise car-style top end and cams (haven't decided on LS1/6 or LS2/3/7 stuff yet). So some tuning will be required but nothing crazy.

Quick Reply: Best PCM to use?