Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tanks INC fuel system for 1967 Chevelle

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 08:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tanks INC fuel system for 1967 Chevelle

I was originally looking at the spectra EFI tank but after the research with fuel starvation and pumps burning out after 6 months of use, a few recommend to go with a Tanks INC system (Fuel Tank, Fuel sending unit & Fuel pump module)

I talked to there tech about what fuel pump and they recommended a # GPA-2 (190 Liters Per Hour) they said with a carburetor that pump can handle up to 620 HP,

I'm going to be running this fuel system with a BBC 439 around 450-500 HP with a Edelebrock 800 CFM carburetor,

Thinking of running a Edelbrock return bypass pressre regulator #174133, with -8 AN supply and -8 AN return,

my only concern is that the sending unit and fuel pump module are universal which means I would have to cut them to spec and install them, anyone on here have any issues with faulty fuel gauge readings? and how difficult was it to install these 2 parts?

and is there anything else that I should get or any concerns??

Old 04-27-2015, 11:47 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I assembled the Tanks Inc. tank, pump, and sender for my Camaro, I neglected to test the sender WITH the gauge to make sure they matched.

I tested the sender and it was good, and I assembled everything to Tanks specs, but I ended up having 4 gallons of gas left in the tank when it gets to Empty and the engine quits. The gauge (Dakota Digital dash) tells me Full and Empty correctly, but when I fill up (18 gal. tank) I can only put 14 gallons in. Kind of quirky...

I suspect the sender. It correctly read 0 - 90ohms, but obviously not in the correct range. I should have dry-tested it with the gauge before installing everything. But I didn't have the car powered\completed at that time.
Lesson learned.

Either way, it's easy to deal with. And everything is definitely quality made. I've run the Walbro 255 dry a couple time on accident and it keeps on purring. A bit noisy for sure, but robust.

Quick Reply: Tanks INC fuel system for 1967 Chevelle