Sponsored by:

AC on Swap Blue/Green PCM

Old 04-27-2015, 02:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC on Swap Blue/Green PCM

2007-classic silverado engine/trans in a 67 C10 with vintage air

Using 2007 ac compressor

07 truck is class II air conditioning. Still DBW, with e-fans. What is best way to get ac to work through the PCM. It is a 1MB blue/green pcm.

From my understanding I need to use a different OS, but a van isn't DBW. What is the best OS to use? I'm using EfiLive. or is there a way to select "manual ac" like mentioned for the vette and go that route.

I'm planning to dig around efilive tonight. Sorry, If I'm not asking the right questions, but I've searched and read these threads but I've confused myself:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...cm-turn-c.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...ector-ecu.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...ps-others.html
Old 04-27-2015, 06:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 192 Likes on 139 Posts

If EFIlive doesnt have a setting to change the A/C to manual, then you may need to change your tuning software. Pretty sure HPTuners has the ability now to do it, then just wire it up like a van with the two pressure switches and you should be good to go.
Old 04-27-2015, 09:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 411 Likes on 292 Posts

Why not wire it up like the factory with the pressure switches???
Old 04-27-2015, 11:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 192 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by 1FastBrick
Why not wire it up like the factory with the pressure switches???
Because the OS that the 2003-07 Silverados use (blue/green PCM) has no 12v A/C request wire, it's on the serial data line. So unless you want to use the A/C controls, which is a module it's self, you have no way of turning it on. By changing the request from serial to manual in the tune allows you to get the 12v request., and the 12v request systems (vans, and 99-02 trucks) use the two pressure switches.
Old 04-27-2015, 11:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 411 Likes on 292 Posts

Originally Posted by ls1nova71
Because the OS that the 2003-07 Silverados use (blue/green PCM) has no 12v A/C request wire, it's on the serial data line. So unless you want to use the A/C controls, which is a module it's self, you have no way of turning it on. By changing the request from serial to manual in the tune allows you to get the 12v request., and the 12v request systems (vans, and 99-02 trucks) use the two pressure switches.
Makes sense. Thanks for the clarification
Old 04-28-2015, 08:51 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default more

I'm on board now. My brother made me a new tune file running an 04 Express Van OS. The wiring diagrams are the same with exception to the cooling fans, A/C stuff, and the van has provisions for cable throttle. We have the tune setup for DBW and Efans.

Next question, how smart is the pcm with regards to a/c? Just off the pressures the PCM has no way of controlling cycle times for the compressor so I am going to assume that I connect my compressor clutch feed wire from the vintage air unit to the A/C request pin on the pcm. So cycle time is controlled by the vintage air box and pcm just makes ac adjustments when commanded.

which brings me to another thought. my VA unit has a binary switch mounted to the evap assembly. Im curious if this would function in place of the factory switch located by the accumulator on the van. I have the other pressure switch still on the a/c comp.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: AC on Swap Blue/Green PCM