Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turbo lq4 s10 issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 07:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo lq4 s10 issue

I have a 2000 ls1 s10. It was a 2.2l originally now it's a turbo lq4 4l80e.

Having some issues. Turn in over its fire for a moment and dies. Try and try the same. I had my buddy come and flash it with hp tuners and delete vats and do a sd base tune. Still the same. Reading 58 pounds at rail with autometer fuel pressure gauge. It has truck intake with ls1 injectors. They have been re flowed to 65lbs an hour. I wire the pigtails on. I read no polarity on ls injectors so I ruled that out. Has a 2 bar map from one 3. Fuel pump come on when turn the key on for 20secs or so then goes off while cranking then come right back on when I pull off from cranking.

Harness info.
2005 express harness and blue green ecm. Wired into the sonoma fuse bank. Added some pins to the fuse box for ing power that would be there for a 4.3 check to verify 12v. I'm jumping cranking voltage from e2 to the starter relay f11 on the c2. Not sure if that's causing the issues.

Grounds seem good 12v to the injectors.

Does any one have any ideas what to try. I'm not sure if maybe there is polarity to injectors and I have wires crossed or if the cam sensor is acting up.

We connected to hptuners data log and tuner saw injectors connect for a sec than they all go offline. Not sure what's causing it. Is there a wire on the PCM that needs hooked up.
Old 05-08-2015, 08:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

How long has then engine been sitting? It is not uncommon for injectors to dry up and stick after sitting for awhile.

I have no idea what you mean by this statement "and tuner saw injectors connect for a sec than they all go offline." Can you elaborate?

Also what do you mean by "I'm jumping cranking voltage from e2 to the starter relay f11 on the c2."? As far as I know, the pcm power wires are all either hot at all times or are hot in run and start, none that I know of are only wired to the start circuit. This actually sounds more like your problem.

I am not familiar with the wire colors on the blue/green pcm, but on the older red/blue, all the orange wires are 12v+ all the time and all the pink wires are wired to be 12v+ in run and start position. On my s10 swap, I didn't get power for the pink wires from the c2 connector, I got it from the fuse/relay harness on the drivers side.

Last edited by Bowtie316; 05-08-2015 at 08:37 AM.

Quick Reply: Turbo lq4 s10 issue