Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4.8 question

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 04:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4.8 question

Hey guys i have a question i need answered. I will be purchasing a 4.8 from a silverado or tahoe. My question is

I will be swapping it into a 78 Datsun 280z but i know the intake manifold wont swap. Heres the question, i want to put an ls1 style intake because its the cheapest. What else do i have to do to put it on top of the 4.8?

The water pump i can buy for an fbody camaro to fit the 4.8. Can the truck crankshaft pulley work or will i need the fbody pulley aswell? And the alternator do i need to buy all the fbody acc, i just need the alternator im not using ac or power steering.

I want to keep it simple. So any help would be MUCH appriciated.

I just want the engine to fit under the stock hood no problem and the ls style works best and cheapest, thanks again.
Old 05-09-2015, 12:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

get a water pump for 2010 up v8 camaro you wont need spacers belt lines up. going to car intake you need the injector set up and rails as different from truck. i would wait on altenator to you get motor in its place. dont use vette altenator its expensive ahd wired different. Ls brackets.com probably have that stuff. truck stuff will be too high. 98-02 camaro is low driverside may work depending on room. better check pan for fitting truck probably wont and Gm muscle car pan is just a shallower truck pan. but still hangs low in cars.
Old 05-09-2015, 02:19 AM
Teching In

Thanks for thr help bro, i dont think it should be difficult to figure out, id just rather not wastw time and money if other people have tried stuff that actually works. Again thank you very much
Old 05-09-2015, 03:06 AM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 76larkman
get a water pump for 2010 up v8 camaro you wont need spacers belt lines up...98-02 camaro is low driverside may work depending on room.
Unless I'm missing something, the '98-'02 F-Body alternator (low drivers side) will not lineup with the 2010 Camaro/truck belt spacing.

Tipsy
Old 05-09-2015, 08:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

truck balancer and late camaro align up with each other. i guess i should be little better on saying things. i been told you can space f-body altenator foward using tubing as spacers. but not sure but i did say LSbrackets.com will fix him up as well.
Old 05-10-2015, 11:20 AM
Teching In

Once again thanks for the input guys. My plans are for a lil high revving 4.8, somehwere in the 7000 to 7400 HOPEFULLY. Id rather the 4.8 than any other engine because of the bore and stroke combo. I want it to survive the abuse for a while if i could

Quick Reply: 4.8 question