Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LM7 F Body conversion - Injector opinions

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 03:21 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LM7 F Body conversion - Injector opinions

I could go either way with this but I was curious on everyones opinion.

I purchased some new Holley billet fuel rails to put on my LM7 that I'm slowly converting over to the F body setup. That being said, when I installed my rails I noticed that the L shaped bracket that mounts the rails to the manifold was not fitting as anticipated. This was a result of the short LM7 fuel injectors that I still have. So the question at hand is do I make my own mounting brackets (or order some if they exist for the LM7) or switch out the injectors?

I realize that there are pro's and con's to either way. The obvious items are as follows:

*LM7 injectors put out roughly 24-26 lbs of pressure vs the LS1 injectors which are 28 (roughly. Results from some google research)

*If I make my own brackets I can still utilize the truck harness for the injectors where as if I switch to the bigger injectors I'd have to either buy a used harness or splice in the connectors to the existing harness for the new injectors.

*If I keep the LM7 injectors I can still use the same tune or at least ideally.

The application that the engine is being converted for is my Porsche 944. Unsure if that is needed for consideration or not.

Thoughts? To keep the injectors or switch em out...
Old 05-13-2015, 07:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get a set of those injector extenders. Much cheaper than buying injectors which would then need the extra cost of tuning. The place I know sells them isn't a sponsor of this forum, but you can check with the sponsors, or PM me.

Quick Reply: LM7 F Body conversion - Injector opinions