Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone use a Painless Integrated LS1 Haness?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2015, 10:47 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone use a Painless Integrated LS1 Haness?

Hy Guys,it's been a while,i need to replace all the wiring in my 70 el camino ls1 swap.Since i need to upgrade my engine harness and body harness i came across an integrated harness from painless performance that has them together with only one fuse panel.I want to install a Dakota Digital Dash also they say it will tie into it easy. just have to run and install extra wires and install extra gauge sensors in engine.You have to do this with any LS harness using the Dakota Dash setup from what Ive read.Anyway has anyone used this harness 60608.How are the Painless Plugs on the Body Harness for Lights,Columes,Dash .Is there a better Body Harness out there then Painless makes?, and just get a Standalone harness and have 2 Panels Painless wants 1400 Dollars for it.and i want to do this as painless as possible.
Old 05-30-2015, 02:18 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A buddy of mine used the Painless integrated harness on his 87'MCSS ls6 build. The harness was top quality like all Painless products, it was clearly labeled and extremely long enough to give the installer less problems with installation.
Old 05-30-2015, 02:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one for my swap hadn't got to install yet but looks nice
Old 06-01-2015, 01:28 PM
Teching In

I also used the Painless harness on 67 Nova station LS wagon and after driving for 10k miles no problems at all. Expensive but works great. They also included a pcm flash to get the engine running included in that price.
Old 06-01-2015, 04:47 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks,I'm going with a t56 they say the harness works with the 4l60e auto,will it have what i need for the t56 setup.havent put much time into the electrics yet.The plugs on the Body Harness are installed already? do they give you extra lenghs so you can hide them in the engine bay,light,fans,horns.I was thinking of using the seals it setup and bring the standalone harness in behind the center of the intake manifold.and put the ecu around glove box.will the standard size harness fit or should i get the extended harness.I dont want it rolled up like an extention cord up in the dash.I'm going with the classic air setup under the dash also so it might get tight.It's a 70 Elcamino so i could put it behind the seat in the storage compartment if i go with the long harness.Will the body part of the harness be long enough behind the seat? digital dash,and ac controls.or is it just the computor harness.and the body part stays in stock locations?
Old 06-24-2015, 10:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I used on in my swap and will be using on my next two. The price is steep but when you are rebuilding a car why chance it with old wiring.

Get the standard length one, the 60608. If you place the fuse block where the factory has it, you can tuck the pcm into the glove box with enough slack in the harness .

You will have to cut and terminal your body connectors like the wipers and lights. Everything minus the engine side is just cut wire and they give you terminals and connector bodies. Every wire is labeled what the circuit is on the wire insulation. Instructions are really good too

I bought mine when they were 1700 on amazon they are 1400. Lots of money but like I said, it is the way to go. If you have any questions let me know

Quick Reply: Anyone use a Painless Integrated LS1 Haness?